Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: A little querk on 4hour rule.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so my GRN catches a trader being unlawful. He runs, gets fired on and dies. NP. Trader can come back same route as we all know(not smart, but allowed) NP there. Now same GRN fighter again gets in tussle with trader, but this time the trader gets lucky and kills fighter. Now how does the 4 hour rules apply here? The way it is worded the trader can keep coming through, but Fighter is now 4 hours gone. I find that a little unfair as trader can keep going till he wins, then he is all free.
Discuss please.
Admin input also please.
Because that fighter doesn't have to be in that same system.

The trader might have to, depending on where the system is... so its easier just to allow it completely instead of pointing out choke points where this would happen most often,

like the 2 stupid anti-smuggler exits out of Gallia.

Omicron-80/Lorraine and Orkney/Languedoc

Sigh.

Rule wise, the fighter can't enter that system or engage that trader for 4 hours.

Which reminds me of something.

With the new purpose of traders, which is keeping player bases supplied. I think the 4 hours rule should be applied to them too, as 5000 units of H-Fuel can change a lot nowadays, and not only that player's wallet.

EDIT: Actually hold on, gonna ask in rules section 8|
' Wrote:Rule wise, the fighter can't enter that system or engage that trader for 4 hours.

Eh? Why he cant enter system when he blowed smuggler just few mins ago? he didnt died
And yes, this rule regard transports are soo stupid. I killed one trader 3 times in Omega 3. this was damn stupid. Also same thing about Cruiser cant fire on Trader. I saw trader trolling Cruiser (insulting/CDing) and cruiser did not shoot back because CD is not an attack and Cruiser cant fire upon trader ship... I laughed alot there:D
You can't enter the system. Simple as that.
' Wrote:You can't enter the system. Simple as that.

ye, but it doesnt fair right? trader died. re-engaged and killed fighter again. rule-wise you cant attack player that already blowed you up. only in self defence of cource. so if that GRN attacked first so its rule-wise smuggler to kill him. but its not good within RP. trader can fly into system he was killed over900 times
' Wrote:Eh? Why he cant enter system when he blowed smuggler just few mins ago? he didnt died
And yes, this rule regard transports are soo stupid. I killed one trader 3 times in Omega 3. this was damn stupid. Also same thing about Cruiser cant fire on Trader. I saw trader trolling Cruiser (insulting/CDing) and cruiser did not shoot back because CD is not an attack and Cruiser cant fire upon trader ship... I laughed alot there:D
If you are in a bs or cruiser and any trader trolls you continueously then you can report. That will affect him/her i think.
For the 4 hr rule i think traders are allowed because that system can be on there trade root and can be the only way out/in to the syatem. On the other hand it is restricted for the fighters for that system but not for othr systems. Right?

' Wrote:ye, but it doesnt fair right? trader died. re-engaged and killed fighter again. rule-wise you cant attack player that already blowed you up. only in self defence of cource. so if that GRN attacked first so its rule-wise smuggler to kill him. but its not good within RP. trader can fly into system he was killed over900 times

If the trader ENGAGED the GRN, then he can be sanctioned. If the GRN pilot wants to attack the trader again and gets blown up, then it's his own fault.
Once in my lifetime I must agree with ryoken, that this is awesome loophole that admins have not covered (yet?).
' Wrote:If the trader ENGAGED the GRN, then he can be sanctioned. If the GRN pilot wants to attack the trader again and gets blown up, then it's his own fault.

This and hi Arthur, are you coming back to Disco ?
Pages: 1 2