Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Been having a problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I try to find my own, or anyone else's posts through the > Profile > Profile Options > Find Member's Posts method I keep getting

Quote:Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 10 seconds before trying again.

This message returned is to me. Was the feature disabled or is something wrong on my end?
Wait about a minute between clicking the profile and rifling through posts or topics. It seems to count looking at the profile as a search query. And it's touchy on how long 10 seconds is too.
Same things happens to me on my PC.
However,it does not happens on my Laptop,which is running the same version of windows 7 and Google Chrome.
I use Firefox, Chrome, and IE interchangeably on these forums (easy-access alt accounts). This always happens to me on Chrome.

It has to do with the way that Chrome "searches" for things at the same time that you do. When you click the button to find all posts or topics by a certain member, it first searches for all those topics/post for Chrome, then lets you search for your own benefit. Both searches are nearly instantaneous. Unfortunately, the forums register both of these searches, and "flood control" kicks in.

The above paragraph may or may not be 100% false. I'm just restating through a vague memory what I read somewhere once.

Anyway, there is a solution. Click and hold down the button to search for a member's posts or topics. You should get what you're looking for. If not... then I'm out of ideas.
' Wrote:Anyway, there is a solution. Click and hold down the button to search for a member's posts or topics. You should get what you're looking for. If not... then I'm out of ideas.
Thanks a bunch.
Brilliant. Thanks Zuk. Works like a charm. <3