Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trading Commodities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[size=17]
as a member, i'v been playing Discovery 4.85 as a single player. after i locate a high priced commodity, i go down the screen to the locations of the cheapest price for this commodity and visit them. An example would be "gold' at tripoli shipyard omicron, gamma. down the screen are the locations of sixteen places selling the "gold" at the cheapest prices. i've visited all of these locations and no "gold" exists for sale in any of them. such is the case for many of the other commodities, like diamonds, ship's hull panels, engine components, etc.
This took a lot of time and i'm very frustrated and disappointed in the game. can somebody please help me and explain what is going on?

thank you,
yil
Firstly, I believe this is the wrong forum section.

Secondly, are you sure it's gold and not gold ore, which must be mined.

And finally, where are you checking these prices?
Firstly, this is in the wrong forum section. A mod should move it.

Secondly, before the situation you've described can be determined as a bug or not, you need to provide specific details about which commodities are not sold at whichever base the list is telling you they are being sold at.
look for the ones that say "base sells this item"

the others only buy, and for the default price
Yea, this is a case of not understanding the Freelancer interface, not a mod bug. Tripoli does not sell gold. Lowest sale price for gold is Graves Station in Dublin. If you're looking for something that offers you 2000 credits price difference for something you trade in the same system, I think you'll be looking for a long time...
Poor soul cannot get the difference of bases selling gold and bases buying gold.
People play JUST single player? :3

But yeah, there's a column that has 'Base Sells', and it will have YES or NO next to the commodity.
thank you for all the replies. i,m a newbeee although started playing freelancer since 2003,as a single player. i,m not familiar with posting on this site and sorry for the wrong posting location. would like someone to direct me to the correct posting areas,and how do you become a member of a clan?
thank you again for the advices.
The best place to ask questions about general topics would be one like Tutorials & Support and its related subforum. I suggest you take a look there if you are new.

I'll also move this over, for future references.
(11-05-2012, 05:16 AM)yil Wrote: [ -> ]...and how do you become a member of a clan?

Information and Recruitment pages for the different "clans" (called player factions on this server) are available here:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60
Pages: 1 2