Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Maps, shiplists etc...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any compiled information on the Discovery Universe?

Is there a bigger map? I have the tiny GIF-map, which is a help but a pain to read. Especially since no star names are on it.
Also are there any lists on ships, gear and stuff - and where to get them.

I know I could always explore, but even after exploring I find it a bit hard to keep track of everything. It would be nice to have it on paper in my cockpit...
check the readme bud, that lists all the ships and theyre locations atleast.
Datastorm would be able to help you with what you need to do.
It contains bases, ship information, and maps of every system.

-Walker
Write down things that perk your interest.

There's a ship list in the readme.

For equipment... Well, that stuff you have to find out yourself. If everyone knew where all the good stuff is, then there'd be a lot more pvp whores here.
shiplist there is pretty vauge "somewhere in*house name*"
my char is img, which means i pretty much get shot every where i go in bretonia, so i cant exactly go looking. (hostile to bmm, which has many depos everywhere, they shoot, whole area turns red)
' Wrote:shiplist there is pretty vauge "somewhere in*house name*"
my char is img, which means i pretty much get shot every where i go in bretonia, so i cant exactly go looking. (hostile to bmm, which has many depos everywhere, they shoot, whole area turns red)

Well... you gotta expect them to hate you if you're IMG, and they probably wont have any gear you can use anyways. IMG isnt welcome in most of bretonia, and they probably shouldnt use any equipment that's bretonia-manufactured.

Anyways, I have a site I use that has vague maps of most systems, though not all of them... and it doesnt have maps of any discovery-mod systems, just base freelancer stuff (keep in mind that discovery has changed many things about existing systems, so this wont always be accurate):
http://www.battleclinic.com/freelancer/star_systems.php

Hopefully nobody has a problem with me posting that...
Quote:Hopefully nobody has a problem with me posting that...
Nope!:) I'm the forum host there, not a problem. We need more traffic in the forums there. Take note that the BattleClinic database is only vanilla FL. There is no Discovery data there, so no serious spoilers.

Thus, I recommend these two programs, as FLDatastorm is much too slow for me.

FL Companion: http://wiz0u.free.fr/prog/flc/

FLStat: http://www.cryosphere.f2s.com/Freelancer/flstat.html
I have married ship discript list w/ ship syst list from 'read me' on to word doc.

I could use help w/ syst,planet/base names,grid locations.
Syst is still nessassary in that some ships are in multiple syst.
Please post on this thread w/ syst, dock name and grid loc.

I will compile on to this word doc.

thx
DreadfulBride
aka; Jester
' Wrote:check the readme bud, that lists all the ships and theyre locations atleast.

"Somewhere in X Space" really helps players a lot. Trying to fly around 10 systems searching every nook an cranny for a base that sells one ship is a bit annoying.
An excel file of the Readme Ship desc. and location would be sweet actually.