Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. I'm bee. While I'm not cracked out on online games I'm normally producing music or working with other musicians.. or something music oriented. Currently my studio PC is too busy trying to figure out how to navigate Sirius and shooting stuff to extremly loud German Techno.

I come from a lot of RP based games. MUDS, EQ (early days) and basically every MMO under the planet. (Yes sadly even WoW as a raid leader for years) . However RP has been diminished in those and its nothing you can ever set down and walk away from. This seems to be a great balance of all of the above and you get out of it what you put in it and can forge your own destiny in many different paths. To sound extremly geeked and overjoyed, you just don't know how thrilled I am to find a game with this amount of depth (yet simplicity) that isnt full of elves and faeries and crap. I was one of the people that watched Earth and Beyond go down in flames and had never really heard of Freelancer till recently. Its quite comparitive, but better in several ways.

I've enjoyed my time here and hopefully will stay a lot longer. I will try to adhere to RP policy best I can, just right now still confused about a few things so if I make mistakes please tell me how to sort them out;)
nice to see some people with RP expirience arriving!

Welcome, I'm sure you'll enjoy the roleplaying around here.
Welcome! Enjoy yourself, read the rules, now, go read them, seriously.

If they haven't already (and the usual suspects have not) there should be some fellas knocking on the door to offer you useful links and strange offers of employment, click the links, ignore the plugs, unless they are for Zapp's stories. The only faction you'll ever need to join is the Democratic Peoples Of Liberty. If that doesn't float your boat, however there's a couple of other links in my sig.
Eya' let me be one of the ones to greet you!

MUDs eh? Ive tried a few. This server definatly has RP, so its good to have you! If you have any problems here's some links I have found to be very useful.

Attention Discovery Rookies
Faction Reference Guide
New to Discovery Thread

Be sure to check those out. If you have any questions, we would all be thrilled to help.

Welcome! and I hope to see you up in my sky.
' Wrote:Welcome! Enjoy yourself, read the rules, now, go read them, seriously.

If they haven't already (and the usual suspects have not) there should be some fellas knocking on the door to offer you useful links and strange offers of employment, click the links, ignore the plugs, unless they are for Zapp's stories. The only faction you'll ever need to join is the Democratic Peoples Of Liberty. If that doesn't float your boat, however there's a couple of other links in my sig.

I've read the rules. No really I actually read them. Not just skimmed through them:)

As far as this whole faction thing, lets just say my character is a complete mess at the moment. Hmm I'm tagged as Kusari Military, flying a Raven Claw... in Bretonia. I really didnt know what was up till I sat down and read all this 'lore' so I'll be trying to find something that appeals to me.

Sorry Liberty type people, I'm just not too fond of that area of operation.

I think on a personal level I'm most attracted to the Outcasts so now that I understand faction balance and how to make it go/up down (Nice Faq by Dboy) I'll be working on that and trying to not look like a hobo. Give me some time to sort that out and I'll be a little more active in the RP community and see what happens.

This isnt really a flaw on the server, but the game itself. I had no experience with the Freelancer original game outside of playing it through the basic 'tutorial' stages and it seems to just kinda assume things and throw you in this 'hero' direction of open endedness and scripts a lot of things for you. I really can't honestly
belive that any brand new player would be able to grasp that there is more than Liberty City out there and next thing you know you are best friends with them. Low and behold a week later you realize, man I don't even like these guys! I wanna be a pirate/thug/trader/anything else and then thats all pretty much ruined. I'm not really wanting to start over again after making a few million (I know thats chump change to most people by running some math up from the trader cargo), but its a typical 'hollywood american' space game so .. I'll let it slide cause the mod + this server makes it worth the efforts there,.

' Wrote:I've read the rules. No really I actually read them. Not just skimmed through them:)

As far as this whole faction thing, lets just say my character is a complete mess at the moment. Hmm I'm tagged as Kusari Military, flying a Raven Claw... in Bretonia. I really didnt know what was up till I sat down and read all this 'lore' so I'll be trying to find something that appeals to me.

Sorry Liberty type people, I'm just not too fond of that area of operation.

I think on a personal level I'm most attracted to the Outcasts so now that I understand faction balance and how to make it go/up down (Nice Faq by Dboy) I'll be working on that and trying to not look like a hobo. Give me some time to sort that out and I'll be a little more active in the RP community and see what happens.

This isnt really a flaw on the server, but the game itself. I had no experience with the Freelancer original game outside of playing it through the basic 'tutorial' stages and it seems to just kinda assume things and throw you in this 'hero' direction of open endedness and scripts a lot of things for you. I really can't honestly
belive that any brand new player would be able to grasp that there is more than Liberty City out there and next thing you know you are best friends with them. Low and behold a week later you realize, man I don't even like these guys! I wanna be a pirate/thug/trader/anything else and then thats all pretty much ruined. I'm not really wanting to start over again after making a few million (I know thats chump change to most people by running some math up from the trader cargo), but its a typical 'hollywood american' space game so .. I'll let it slide cause the mod + this server makes it worth the efforts there,.
Hey! Welcome, follow rules and enjoy !
' Wrote:Hey! Welcome, follow rules and enjoy !
What he said, but I am cooler than that Skoko guy, so it looks better coming from me!

Have a good time, have lots of fun :)
Greetings!

Welcome to discovery, and thank you for joining the forums. Here you'll find a wealth of information as well as interesting RP and exciting stories!

Good luck, and Godspeed!

elgato.
Wilkommen...welcome! I dont speak German thats one of the few words I know >.< Anyways welcome to disco. Please keep all arms and limbs inside the ship at all times cause they will get cut off during departure if not inside!
Welcome to Discovery, it's already been mentione but please browse over the million different rules and most of all have fun!
Pages: 1 2