Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do I have to wait around in my Barge?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I was barging about last night (BMM ID'd Barge mind you) in the New London system when I ran across a Nomad, I tried talking to him, he didn't respond (no big deal, hes a nomad) There were lots of NPCs around fighting, I noticed the Nomad fighting them as well, I thanked him for destroying them because they were throwing my barge all over the place when I was trying to dock with the Southhampton Shipyard, not to mention draining my shields.

Anyways, I was having a bitch of a time trying to dock and getting turned around and decided it would be best to get a fresh try, I F1'd logged out and back in. The Nomad was gone, then it hit me. Maybe I F1'd on him while he was trying to kill me?!?

My shields dropped twice, 100k worth of shields is a lot for NPCs to get through, even if they hit me when they're aiming at somethign else. Maybe the Nomad was attacking me? I remember scanning his ship, he certainly didn't have any weaponry capable of punching through the 100k of shields and 7m armor that my Barge has (max armor upgrade) So I didn't even think of it as something he would even try.

So this brings up the question, say I'm in my Barge with 7m armor or whatever and some snub-nosed pirate with a Mini-razor thinks he can pirate me. I can't really get away from anything in a Barge, much less get to a place where I can dock when being chased by a pirate that can't kill me. Do I have to sit there and wait for him to destroy me? Or can I just go about my normal business like he wasn't even there and if he happens to blow me up so be it. (Normal business includes logging the barge off in space when i'm done with him)

Basically, I don't want to wait around 30-45 minutes for a pirate in a heavy fighter to try and destroy me just to stay within the rules, especially if i've got other stuff to do. Obviously if they're in a cruiser, battleship or Bombers I may listen a little closer. Also, with the new patch I use 0 guns to defend myself, not like 8 guns on a barge is considered defense to start with...but just to rule that out.
Obviously, the fastest way of getting out of it is to pay a pirate. Never F1 or anything like that. Rules are rules.
Do not F1. Everything having to do with a Barge is slow. If you have time to trade with it, you have time to wait to get killed by refusing a pirate's demand.
The Barge is not exempt of any rules just because its hilariously big with good enough armor to stand the poor blue squishy for hours.
You can log out in space no problem as long as there is no other player in range.
Ah ok! Thanks for the clearup. And no, I have complete rights in RP to NOT pay any pirate I wish, especially if I'm empty already! (which is pretty much the only way I move that barge because of piracy) but does that in-turn automatically give them the right to detain me for 45 minutes while they try to kill me?

Ehh..guess so:)It would be such a rare occurence and scenario where a Barge could be detained by somebody that can't destroy it so that pirate could achieve an alteriorative goal of..say not supplying a player base. I guess if 'detain the barge' tactics and abuse starts to happen, we can revisit it later.

I guess it just seems to me like, It'd be somebody in a transport with a CD and a transport turret pirating a Battleship that has no guns on it..just doesn't seem right? although..I guess it could happen lol
Quote:...does that in-turn automatically give them the right to detain me for 45 minutes while they try to kill me?
Worst comes to the worst, you can assign a self-destruct button. No need to F1 away.
' Wrote:Obviously if they're in a cruiser, battleship or Bombers I may listen a little closer.
Barge is a transport, so you're immune from cruisers and battleships--why would you listen to them?

Bombers do less damage per second than a GB.

' Wrote:Ah ok! Thanks for the clearup. And no, I have complete rights in RP to NOT pay any pirate I wish, especially if I'm empty already! (which is pretty much the only way I move that barge because of piracy) but does that in-turn automatically give them the right to detain me for 45 minutes while they try to kill me?
Consider that you're paying them to keep them from wasting your time. Yes, if you fail to meet a pirate's demand, he is free to attack you, and if you F1 during that time you're open to sanctions.
I'm sorry, I really have to ask: Why do every Barge pilot seem to have an issue paying pirates? G.

But anyway, as it has been stated, you can't F1. Ever. You better pay, or flee if you wish, but logoff? Nope.

And, btw, if it happens to be a K'hara, Wilde or Terrorist, that simply don't need to ask for money... Yeah, better sit back and wait for the bluey.
' Wrote:Worst comes to the worst, you can assign a self-destruct button. No need to F1 away.

This is terrible advice as the current self destruct hookcommand restarts you with a flea and I think all of your credits gone.
Pages: 1 2