Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gunboats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is mainly to Igiss.

I have set up this post for people to discuss what could be improved about gunboats.

I think that battleships and cruisers are now amazing, and the gunboat got its handling reduced a tad too much so it can't compete.

Also the 7th (rear-facing) turret needs to be placed further back or removed as it looks bad/untidy.

Any suggestions would be great.
Well... I haven't had much of a chance to test my Gunboat.

But... by the sounds of it I think that their sheilds could do with being a tad stronger.
Well i don't use gunboats but I have seen what they did to the turning of it and to be honest it is stupid. It is ment to guard cruisers and battleships from fighters/bombers but i can't even protect it's self from them now. :angry:

Also if it is a cap-ship then how is it affected by cruise disrupters? :wacko:
The gunboat definately needs to have it's agility back. Perhaps not as much as it was before but more than it has now, for sure.
Lancer,Mar 28 2006, 02:51 PM Wrote:But... by the sounds of it I think that their sheilds could do with being a tad stronger.
[snapback]15322[/snapback]

agree, becouse i dont use BS ship they bounce 2 much for me.

I use somethime an cruiser at max becouse they little more stabel.

:)
hmmm... well they could give it a counter measure... and mabye a mine aswell
btw i think bs shields should only be for BSs now other stuff like gunboats and so on! how on earth can i kill a pirates trader a lot if he got a BS shield???
Hello, Cpt. Jamez here.

Well i was flying around in my gunboat today with stock weps and i must say it is pretty lethal.

The fighter still run rings around me (grrr) but the GB defense turrets deal a fair amount of damage and are quite energy-efficient.

Also a cool little feature i noticed was, when you are in a dark system, the lights inside the gunboat come on. Then when you enter a bright system they switch off.

If u wanna see this i'll be floating around in New York.

Good job Igiss with the gunboat. Only 1 complaint: It still handles like a brick.

BTW: I edited my first post. Please read it before making comments.
i agree, especialy bretonian gunboat, handles like a breeze blok
apart from that me thinks there good, mabey changeing the thruster placement, because right now it looks like one engine goes into overdrive and the thing *should* go around in circles

mabey if we put it in amore centeral position, like under the tail...
could be cool
I got a Brit gunboat yesterday.

I Got, I Had, I Replaced SAY NO MORE.

For its armorments and sheilds ect
I think its handeling is dumb.... it should handel a lot better.
Sooooooo many people have said the gunboats need to have better maneuverability.

Someone please take the hint.

I am very, very fond of gunboats as you have probably noticed, and i just wish that someone would notice them, and modify them to their former glory.

Also, the Gunboats are supposed to be support ships, so what happens if a fighter launches a torp or missile at the BS the gunboat is guarding?
The point i'm trying to make is, that gunboats IMO should have a countermeasure dropper.

Also gunboats have absolutely NO resistance to cruise disruptors.
Pages: 1 2