Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Base supply ships and entering the system rule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Right so I am gonna go with particular base in Cambridge that we all know which I am refering too.

So there is a base. I , as a police officer , stop suppling it ships..and possible blow them up since most of them don't stop anyway...BUT back to topic -
I try to stop a SUPPLIER and I blow the ship up - according to this:

Quote:Transports/Freighters which have been killed in a PvP fight may return to the system in which they were destroyed but only for purposes of moving through the system or for trade within that system. They may only act in a purely defensive manner. This exemption applies only to players who are in the system for the purposes of trading and does not apply to mining, piracy or any other activity.

THE SUPPLIER can trade - means he can go to npc base buy cargo and move out of system doing it in a defensive way. BUUUUUUT is the suppling a player base considered a
Quote:other activity

Or it is still considered trading . I mean since shields are still impossible to break thourgh and we actualy need to cut the supply ships from the base ... If a player will respawn on New London planet and buy Basic Alloy every time I kill him ,he won't loose much money since it costs 50$/per unit AND he can do it for hours...and that's preety OORP if you ask me cause it's obvious that if the ship was destroyed he doesn't have like....8534275897468 same looking ships docked on New London so he can undock them every time one of them gets blowned up...I believe that in this case suppling comes as OTHER ACTIVITY and that means blowned up player can't enter the system

Quote:5.7 A player who was killed in a PvP fight must not enter the system where the fight took place with any of the characters on his/her account(s) until four hours have passed from the time of his/her destruction.

Right since I guess this will end up in quite a discussion I would like admin clarification on this.
i would say that he is trading.

In order to say he is not trading you have to prove that base is not paying for the goods he is bringing or Base is not selling anything.

If you cant then he is trading.
He's trading.
well obviously I can dock on the base and prove it but that would be.....well I am not the person that goes SO FAR to sanction anyone...so I rather a simply rule clarification and we both know that suppliers aren't doing it for the money that base pays for it...they are usualy paid as for contract...or they are simply doing it for the base sake. So let's not seek a way to get around it and simply face the facts - cause we surely want to keep our bases supplied and things but if it comes to enemies we want them to get it harder:)
Fact is that lowest sellprice on a player build base is 1 it can not be set to 0.
That means that the hauler is selling his cargo and getting credits for it so he is trading.

And you srsly think that a trader would INRP consider a base who sells something on ... hmm -49 $ profit a good deal? I guess a trader seeks best price..or at least ANY profit. Selling it for lowest price so simply loosing money and cargo isn't like traders do.
we could argue whole day long, but then we would not get any ingame time.

In some ways i can follow your point, problem is that it would be hard to do anything about those haulers.

And the haulers could also be on a contract to supply those bases, in a way where they got the lost profit + alittle extra on a pay check from who evar have hired them.

but rule wise they do nothing wrong, RP wise it is a grey zone, i dont want to do it.

' Wrote:we could argue whole day long, but then we would not get any ingame time.

In some ways i can follow your point, problem is that it would be hard to do anything about those haulers.

And the haulers could also be on a contract to supply those bases, in a way where they got the lost profit + alittle extra on a pay check from who evar have hired them.

but rule wise they do nothing wrong, RP wise it is a grey zone, i dont want to do it.

Agree that's why I want admin input here...since it's a discussion with no end....like with caps shootin traders and ... i don't know... engagement notice - those were clarified and since the bases are new we need to clarify new things.

' Wrote:Fact is that lowest sellprice on a player build base is 1 it can not be set to 0.
That means that the hauler is selling his cargo and getting credits for it so he is trading.

I'm sorry, but that is some of the most brainless reasoning i've seen in a while.
The point he's trying to make here is clearly that qualifying base suppliers going past a siege as "traders" just so they can defy any RP logic and come over and over again is pretty stupid. If you kill a trader, it's fine if he continues trading right after because he's not a problem to you. You can't attack and lose to a player, and reengage right after though, not mainly because it would be completely illogical RP-wise, but also because you defeated him, and should be safe to assume that he's not going to be a problem to you again for a while.
A base supplier is a problem to a besieger, and even though the trader isn't directly attacking him, it's an RP conflict, and by your logic you're letting the "player" re-enter the same RP situation over and over again even though he's been killed multiple times.

I think what the OP's going for here, even if he worded it in a somewhat modest way, is to point out the issue that the current wording of the rule can be interpreted in a way to fit your needs quite easily, even though I assume it's not in the developers' interest balance-wise.
Before you start to use that tone at me Jan Peters, you should have read the whole tread,

And the qoute you used actually showed that it is trading
hauler sells= Trading

maby you should have qoutet this

Quote:And the haulers could also be on a contract to supply those bases, in a way where they got the lost profit + alittle extra on a pay check from who evar have hired them.

as it stands now the haulers dont break any rules.

as i said in my last post INRP its Grey, but nothing to do about it right now.

All we can do is to wait and see if admins change rules or not, and keep playing the game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7