Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Something Ive noticed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
just something ive noticed for quite some time but never really been bothered to mention it.

People seem to constantly refer to the online/internet aspect of the Freelancer universe the "NeuralNet" :unsure:

this is incorrect, Its called the NeuroNet

[Image: derpy.png]

:cool:

true no?
' Wrote:just something ive noticed for quite some time but never really been bothered to mention it.

People seem to constantly refer to the online/internet aspect of the Freelancer universe the "NeuralNet" :unsure:

this is incorrect, Its called the NeuroNet

[Image: derpy.png]

:cool:
true no?
No, in the actual game it's the Neural Net, I'm rather certain.
I actually dont remember seeing it in the game but..

[15:08:53] Redon: If you click on the third button from the left in your top right nav bar (the mission thing) it says "Neural Net Info" : P
[15:09:33] Redon: actually, it says Neutral Net Log
[15:09:36] Redon: but point remains
[15:10:06] Jamie: NEURO is probably a contraction or alpha term they used which didn't make it into the final game.
[15:10:21] Jamie: Same as Valhalla Engineering, for example. (Ageira's original name).

apparently it is.. wonder why. sounds like jacking into your head or something weird. lol
NEURONET is 8 characters

long live DOS

There's so much crap in the game files that either didn't make it into final release, or was renamed.
Ageira and Universal's faction ids are another good example of that.
Its Neural net

[Image: NeuralNet.jpg]
Neural net... I think I got it from the campaign.
Some characters would say "I've uploaded (something here I can't remember) to your neural net". I'm fairly certain I heard that be said.
Talking of Valhalla Engineering, how canon is all that Valhalla One stuff? I can't for the life of me remember where it's from either.
Also, neuralnet wise, aren't the little flip-down red over-eye thingies referred to as neuralnet_x?
Pages: 1 2