Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Synthfoods is a Rheinland Company
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/87bf2654-89...l#axzz1sgXNvVcd

First paragraph:

You wouldn'€™t normally expect to find a thick red steak quietly pulsating in an oversized Petri dish inside a laboratory. But such is the hype around the team scheduled to produce the world'€™s first lab-grown cut of meat this October that I can'€™t help but imagine it. The research being done by bioengineer Dr Mark Post at Maastricht University in the Netherlands has provoked global headlines about '€œtest tube meat'€ and fierce ethical and scientific debate. Getting access to his laboratory is about as exciting as it gets in the world of food engineering.

Well, it beats Soylent Green ...
Yeah.. I heard about this awhile back. Think I'll stick to venison.
But what good is meat if you don't have to pull a 12-gauge slug out of it before cooking?
look also here
Quote:Rheinland Company

I feel insulted! Last I checked we still havent given away Limburg to the Germans(even though many Dutchies would love the idea).

Therefor its a DUTCH(Netherlands) company and we Dutch sadly don't have any presence in Freelancer...

The entire idea of Test-Tube food is actually a great idea... most western countries have plenty of food however production methodes are considered to be unethical by some.

If we want to keep feeding the ginormous amount of people on this planet then we'll have to develop this further. Ofcourse regular food will remain but the staple will be test-tube food made on an industrial scale.

' Wrote:I feel insulted! Last I checked we still havent given away Limburg to the Germans(even though many Dutchies would love the idea).

Therefor its a DUTCH(Netherlands) company and we Dutch sadly don't have any presence in Freelancer...

Actually, thar be a rather tasty twist in this story.
' Wrote:I feel insulted! Last I checked we still havent given away Limburg to the Germans(even though many Dutchies would love the idea).

The entire idea of Test-Tube food is actually a great idea... most western countries have plenty of food however production methodes are considered to be unethical by some.

If we want to keep feeding the ginormous amount of people on this planet then we'll have to develop this further. Ofcourse regular food will remain but the staple will be test-tube food made on an industrial scale.
The Hispania had Italians, Greeks and Spaniards in em. The Liberty probably had Canadians and USA folk. References in the Bretonian systems suggest they took along a few Scandinavian folk. It stands to reason the Rheinland had some Dutchies among them: The name literally translates to "Rhine Land", referring to the river Rhine. Which flows through the Netherlands as well, finally meeting the ocean in Rotterdam (which is one of the biggest ports in the world as a result).

Anyway, I see this as a good development. Our bodies are designed to process meat - and expect a decent amount of it. If we can create the product "meat" without the need for (the loss of) animal life to produce it, we'd essentially be growing it much like grain, or vegetables.

True, IF whole "Earth is overpopulated! etc." campaign isn't excuse fot trading right to use vacuum. (sic!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Rese...ail_controversy

' Wrote:The Hispania had Italians, Greeks and Spaniards in em. The Liberty probably had Canadians and USA folk. References in the Bretonian systems suggest they took along a few Scandinavian folk. It stands to reason the Rheinland had some Dutchies among them: The name literally translates to "Rhine Land", referring to the river Rhine. Which flows through the Netherlands as well, finally meeting the ocean in Rotterdam (which is one of the biggest ports in the world as a result).

Anyway, I see this as a good development. Our bodies are designed to process meat - and expect a decent amount of it. If we can create the product "meat" without the need for (the loss of) animal life to produce it, we'd essentially be growing it much like grain, or vegetables.

Meat, Aeternus, meat. Not something kinda GMO Synthpaste.

EDIT:

And what's wrong in killing animals for food/furs/etc. if it's doing without unnecessary brutality?