Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Regarding rule 6.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand.

Had a argument with a trader regarding this rule. He thought that the "allowing sufficient time" was regarding a pirate damaging (but not destroying) the trader ship, where I think the sufficient time parameter is only regarding a pirate insta-killing a trader.

To better explain what he (the trader) thinks is sanctionable:
-Trader gets 2mordai'd by a trader
*4 seconds later*
-Pirate damages ship (say 50% hull, shields stripped)

I was always taught to interpret the above rule as if the pirate Destroys the trader in 4 seconds then that would be sanctionable, but not damaging the trader.

Admin input requested, who is wrong/right? What is considered "reasonable time"?
Pirate must RP enough to be legally allowed to attack ( 50% ).
Pirate must make a demand and give time to respond before destroying said ship.
No one can pay in 4 seconds, if you start shooting in that time you're going to annoy people oorp regardless of the rules. Who cares what the rules are when it comes to that.
As long as you don't destroy the trader it's okay, when you stated a sufficient demand first.
Although I advice you to play it safe and only strip the shields; hull isn't necessary [in my opinion].

EDITZ: Why would you do what you did after only 4 seconds anyways ?
' Wrote:EDITZ: Why would you do what you did after only 4 seconds anyways ?

I didn't shoot a trader after 4 seconds. Well I did with shield busters.

I was in a LF, not much I can do to a armored 5k.

But all this is considering RP requirement was fulfilled and not just a simple 2mordai, the rule is only applicable when a pirate DESTROYs a ship without reasonable time?
More than 50% shields is engagement. If you do it 4 seconds after making a demand its a violation, imo.
' Wrote:More than 50% shields is engagement. If you do it 4 seconds after making a demand its a violation, imo.
Read my post. I speak of experience, plus I saw this being discused in the past.
Telling a trader to pay up a sum of credits is enough RP to engage the trader.

The rule here stated you only can't destroy a trader, engaging him is perfectly fine.

EDITZ: I feel ninja'd. Like so often.
I usually take down shields to make a point to pay up, sometimes its a bluff, sometimes not.

Lets just wait for a admin to clear this up once and for all.
Feel free to strip shields to show how serious you are. No killing without allowing enough time. The engagement started from the pirates perspective when he said 2milordie or equivalent.
Pages: 1 2 3