Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rules of Engagement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes, I'm new, yes I've read the server rules pinned above ... what I would like to know is:

1. under what circumstances is it allowable for a player to frag another vessel without warning?

2. does enemy faction status allow it?, and if so

3. are there restrictions on where this can be done? e.g. Outcasts in Alpha can frag Corsairs on sight etc? ... Can you KOS enemy faction players in their home system, i.e. go on a raid? ... and what rules apply to systems which belong to neither faction?

4. is it allowable for freelancers/mercs/bounty hunters to accept contracts to eliminate other players, and if so, does the assasin have to warn the target? and finally a real noob question:

5. where can I find a list of allowable ships and equipment for each faction? ... I saw a corsair fighter available at Trafalgar and am now very confused ... does that mean Junkers can mount corsair weapons as well?

Great mod and community here guys, my son and I are having a ball ... cya server-side ... candy man out.
Well It's generally considered good form to give someone warning before opening fire. For instance a little bit of RP if a corsair come into alpha, a few taunts that kind of thing, beofre the fight starts is usualy fair warning.

If someone is hostile to your faction, then yes, you can engage no matter what ('cept fo under-lvl players without faction ID).

The allowable ships for a given faction is a bit tricky. There are some circumstances where you can fly a ship that isn't a faction ship, but if you have the RP for it, it's fine.

Mercs and bounty hunters. Well bounty hunters only accept contracts on criminals... They can engage on sight and any criminal worth his salt will engage a bounty hunter on sight as well.

Mercs... A little more complex, they (I) are treacherous bastards for the most part, who will just as soon turn around and stab their employer in the back for a quick dollar. Mercs really should give some warning rather than dropping in on their target and wasting him without any hint that he was being hunted... For instance mini/ supernova combo on a stationary target is a bit harsh in my opinion, but its not against the rules...

Your conduct is largely up to you, within the server rules, but there are accepted ways of doing things fairly. Just use you common sense realy.
The readme has all the ship's/stats/price/general location.:cool:
' Wrote:Mercs... A little more complex, they (I) are treacherous bastards for the most part, who will just as soon turn around and stab their employer in the back for a quick dollar.

I'd argue against this. I don't think that mercenaries should be that fickle. After all, nobody would hire them if they were known to do that, now would they? Any sane merc would only do that if he got some fat retirement bonus. A merc's reputation is key for his success as a mercenary.
' Wrote:Well It's generally considered good form to give someone warning before opening fire. For instance a little bit of RP if a corsair come into alpha, a few taunts that kind of thing, beofre the fight starts is usualy fair warning.

If someone is hostile to your faction, then yes, you can engage no matter what ('cept fo under-lvl players without faction ID).

The allowable ships for a given faction is a bit tricky. There are some circumstances where you can fly a ship that isn't a faction ship, but if you have the RP for it, it's fine.

Mercs and bounty hunters. Well bounty hunters only accept contracts on criminals... They can engage on sight and any criminal worth his salt will engage a bounty hunter on sight as well.

Mercs... A little more complex, they (I) are treacherous bastards for the most part, who will just as soon turn around and stab their employer in the back for a quick dollar. Mercs really should give some warning rather than dropping in on their target and wasting him without any hint that he was being hunted... For instance mini/ supernova combo on a stationary target is a bit harsh in my opinion, but its not against the rules...

Your conduct is largely up to you, within the server rules, but there are accepted ways of doing things fairly. Just use you common sense realy.

I agree with Joe on this one... In 90 % of cases i warn my enemy before I attack ...
' Wrote:Yes, I'm new, yes I've read the server rules pinned above ... what I would like to know is:

1. under what circumstances is it allowable for a player to frag another vessel without warning?

2. does enemy faction status allow it?, and if so

3. are there restrictions on where this can be done? e.g. Outcasts in Alpha can frag Corsairs on sight etc? ... Can you KOS enemy faction players in their home system, i.e. go on a raid? ... and what rules apply to systems which belong to neither faction?

4. is it allowable for freelancers/mercs/bounty hunters to accept contracts to eliminate other players, and if so, does the assasin have to warn the target? and finally a real noob question:

5. where can I find a list of allowable ships and equipment for each faction? ... I saw a corsair fighter available at Trafalgar and am now very confused ... does that mean Junkers can mount corsair weapons as well?

Great mod and community here guys, my son and I are having a ball ... cya server-side ... candy man out.

1. Terrorists. I'd like to think that EVERYONE except for terrorists say something before engaging an enemy. It adds to the RP a LOT more than just opening fire.

2. I don't think it's up to the enemy faction.. more of the attacker's choice.

3. Generally, if you see someone in your guard base without the proper ID you can shoot on sight.

4. As long as everything is kept within RP. If you're standing next to someone chatting, then you suddenly release a bunch of paralyzers on him and then Supernova him, that's bad RP. And yes, accepting contracts is the whole point of being a FL/Merc/BH

5. Already been answered, I think.
' Wrote:1. Terrorists. I'd like to think that EVERYONE except for terrorists say something before engaging an enemy. It adds to the RP a LOT more than just opening fire.

Not entirely accurate. I play a Xeno most of the time, and I like to RP before engaging. After all, I fight for a cause, not for cold-blooded murder...
I think the best rule of thumb for engagements is that if its only fun for you, and not for the other guy, then its a failure.
Its not a perfect rule, but if you strive for it at all times then there is the best chance for more fun gameplay for as many people as possible.
First person shooters are designed for people who have the opposite attitude.
Nicely put.
i have one question similar as this thread so i ask here and will not start another thread.
so situation is this : (happend to me yesterday i think )

i am as AFA, and i have on scanner golden chrysantenium pilot with name [GC] and something(not important what it is. so i type on public chat: enemy on scanner. when i was on something about 6,5k i type engaging enemy. i was in gb he in fighter/bobmer so he escape. then he start typing me that is interresing how i know that he is enemy when i was not in scanner range and it is agains rules. i answered that i was acting because i was under 10k and [GC] in his name say me,that she is member of golden chrysantenium. (tag was also gc) and my question is, it was correct from me or from him? because when i make mistake i will not repeat it,but i am not sure in this.

and sorry of posting to this topic but it is also to engagement.
Pages: 1 2