Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some bad mood.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello community, i guess it's my first post on disco forums, though i' not a newbie on the server itself.
I wanted to share my irritation regarding the gameplay and the RP in-game, and i'm not playing Angry Joe here, but i'm pushed to my limits.

So where shold i start ? Oh yes, the house police. I know many of you will not like this, but i'm not asking you to.Neither a want any of you to like me as a peron 'cause i'm not your girlfriend (if you have one).
Now who's a police officer ? I'ts a guy who makes his living by protecting the law of a state, a community etc. right ? And what do we see in-game ? Almost every police officer thinks of himself as a philosopher! EG: A liberty policeman is talking 'bout how he tries to protect the good people of Liberty (unexpected, right ?) from theirselves.First of all - Who cares ? Second - must you really do it in the system chat ? Third - why the hell are you disscusing it with a SCRA pilot ?!?!?

Allright, next let me tell you of something i witnessed.
One day, i see a Kusary CAP bombarding planet Leeds, a typical situation, and a good RP imho. Minutes later, a BAF vesel apears, a fighter!A single fighter.Nothing unussual.How shold a fighter pilot behave in a situation like this ? Call for backup, right ? But nope! THe guy piloting the fighter goes like - You damn Kusari invaders, i shall destroy you! A destroyed many of your kind, and you will follow their fate! He's quite a little *destroyer* isn't he ? Made me sick let me tell ya'.If you-re reading this, answer me, didn't your mother teach you to be a little bit more modest ? No ? Too bad, 'cause you really should be.

Another situation - I was aboard a zoner destroyer flying trough Omega's, just a few minutes before an Ion storm, as you might know there are a few Coddy's there, and it just happens that i was near on of them. And who do you think i met there ?Try to make a guess! A Hessian? No. A Rheinland vessel ? Wrong again. Maybe an explorer or a freelancer or a merc....or a Bounty hunter ? No. It was a vessel tagged LSF. SO i'm asking the guy like - What are you doing here ? Ang the fella' goes like - Ahmm, i'm on a secret assignment for the LSF! Let me guess, the assignment was to farm coddy's ? Or wait, maybe the LSF has financial problems, and they farm the coddy's and sell them on the market to make a living ? In that case, guys, all you have to do is ask! We will gladly help ya' with some millions...now really, just ask! But do not make the poor LSF officers fly trough hostile space and farm codename weapons. What's next ? Liberty fleet ships tagged *Will work for food* ?!

Allright, let's leave our poor police alone for a while, let's talk 'bout caps. Capital ship captains, how in God's name do you pilot the Cap's on your own? No, really, you must be pretty swift to operate all of the ship's systems at once ? And what 'bout battles? Do you also man all of the turrets on your own ? I would like to know how, really.I mean the dev's of the disco gave us the great commodity like *Spaceship Crew*, wouldn't it be easier if you hired a dozen of those guys to help you man the ship ?
I guess that's all for today, if i don't get banned i will write another post tomorrow, and remember kids, the Admins are not the problem here, the players are.

PS- i'm really sorry for my poor English, i'ts all because in Russia we do not have schools, we anly have bears with unicycles and Ballalaika's, wearing Ushanka's and holdin' an AK in the right hand, and a Samovar filled with Vodka in the left one.
Seems like a lot of Q_Q in this post, and that means the same in any language.

Although I agree on the codies... codie scummers are the lowest form of life on this server, even worse than loltraderz. Fortunately most top level faction weapons are nearly as good as codies, and some even better when factoring shots/sec and speed.
' Wrote:Seems like a lot of Q_Q in this post, and that means the same in any language.

Although I agree on the codies... codie scummers are the lowest form of life on this server, even worse than loltraderz. Fortunately most top level faction weapons are nearly as good as codies, and some even better when factoring shots/sec and speed.
No, the worst people are the ones who monopolise the market and then refuse to sell to a certain group of people.
Weirdest rant I've ever heard lol.

None of that is really that bad..
I'm not sure, why it is a Oh-so-big problem when someone want to get a code weap and don't want to spend like 10+millions just to get one...i repeat ONE frackin' weapon.

And why it is a problem for you if someone uses the system chat? Yeah, you're right a police officer is supposed to protect all the civilians and things like that. But man, this is Disco, deal with it. We have many strange fellas here. One police guy is a hard-headed or even brainwashed police pilot. Who doesn't even think about taking money from other just to let them do their shady business. The other one is...erm...more co-operative in such things.

But let me guess, if you see my Order char having a friendly chat with a Bounty Hunter tagged vessel you start to yell traitor. Am i right?

And about the Cap vs. Fighter thing. You sure it was a fighter, not a bomber? 'coz if it was a bomber then he may can solo a kusarian dessie. And how do you know if he's not requested for backup already? He maybe just wante to buy some time until the reinforcement arrive.

This place isn't only black and white, noone can tell the other what they must do. Yeah you can give them some basic rules how they should behave but that is all.

Nice Q_Q btw. Oh and a tip. Go and write something about yourself in the welcome thread. That's the best place where you can make start here on the forums.
QQing? May be, but as for me it is a quite a nice way to improve our role play.
There is no need to defend ourselves from such claims, we really do have poor level of role play time to time, and the best way to understand it is such fresh opinions like this.
There is no need to explain and protect ourselves, we need just to swallow our pride and improve RP.
Quote:Another situation - I was aboard a zoner destroyer flying trough Omega's, just a few minutes before an Ion storm, as you might know there are a few Coddy's there, and it just happens that i was near on of them. And who do you think i met there ?Try to make a guess! A Hessian? No. A Rheinland vessel ? Wrong again. Maybe an explorer or a freelancer or a merc....or a Bounty hunter ? No. It was a vessel tagged LSF. SO i'm asking the guy like - What are you doing here ? Ang the fella' goes like - Ahmm, i'm on a secret assignment for the LSF! Let me guess, the assignment was to farm coddy's ? Or wait, maybe the LSF has financial problems, and they farm the coddy's and sell them on the market to make a living ? In that case, guys, all you have to do is ask! We will gladly help ya' with some millions...now really, just ask! But do not make the poor LSF officers fly trough hostile space and farm codename weapons. What's next ? Liberty fleet ships tagged *Will work for food* ?!

Happened to me 100000 times. I was near a code before and then I was a CSV cruising to it, engine kill and tractor. I tried to catch him up tell him what the hell a Libertonian CSV are doing in T37. No response. I tried to CD him, it didn't work. And I got so damn pissed off, that I would really tear him apart IRL.
LSF are completely independant, and do nearly not care of anything outside Liberty. I saw some of their BT's in Leeds before, just asked what they are doing here, no response. I shot the trade lane (I had my BS) so one of the transports were left behind, and he started to talk to me like our characters in the game were in a rap battle or something. How can a transport pilot show such low respect in someone else's house and talk **** to a battleship captain?!? It ended with OORP PM's and such... I got so pissed off there so I told him that he was warmly welcome to the land of Ignore List of mine. I could've reported them IF I could, but i didn't have enough time and it was long time ago.

Quote:So where shold i start ? Oh yes, the house police. I know many of you will not like this, but i'm not asking you to.Neither a want any of you to like me as a peron 'cause i'm not your girlfriend (if you have one).
Now who's a police officer ? I'ts a guy who makes his living by protecting the law of a state, a community etc. right ? And what do we see in-game ? Almost every police officer thinks of himself as a philosopher! EG: A liberty policeman is talking 'bout how he tries to protect the good people of Liberty (unexpected, right ?) from theirselves.First of all - Who cares ? Second - must you really do it in the system chat ? Third - why the hell are you disscusing it with a SCRA pilot ?!?!?

Just like the LSF guy. Everytime I miss the Liberty and after a long time I made a Libby, I see these guys. And I got so mad that I sold that ship to the NPC's, it had AU8 and such.

Seriously, some players should know that their RP IS ACTUALLY LIMITED!
Quote:Seriously, some players should know that their RP IS ACTUALLY LIMITED!
It regards to Newark campers mostly.
How do you expect a player to rp with another player in a friggin game where your only options are to write 2 line messages and to shoot? What do you want to have the LPI people do? Form a traffic control lane and check for licences? They could do one time or two time events like drug busts etc but up to what scale?

And I have met with police officers who know more philosophy than an average sophomore student. Oh, and I don't like the idea of police (no offence to police people).

There are many things to rant about in Discovery, but the points you stated are not that high on the majority's understanding list.

BTW, your Q_Q about the rus thingy was quite funny, I really liked the sarcasm. However, you may be a great player from Rus, but there is a reality of lolRURUSS on this server. This doesn't mean that anyone from Rus is automatically tagged as lol. Yuri and the initial mod creator are also from Russia. Variety happens.

EDIT: What do I mean is, it is not about only RUS. Same goes for Turkish players or Chinese players. This doesn't mean that all the players from that region are epic fail. But the failness is a majority. I am from Turkey btw, so I know what I am talking about. Don't get the Rus thingy too personal.
' Wrote:Allright, let's leave our poor police alone for a while, let's talk 'bout caps. Capital ship captains, how in God's name do you pilot the Cap's on your own? No, really, you must be pretty swift to operate all of the ship's systems at once ? And what 'bout battles? Do you also man all of the turrets on your own ? I would like to know how, really.I mean the dev's of the disco gave us the great commodity like *Spaceship Crew*, wouldn't it be easier if you hired a dozen of those guys to help you man the ship ?

Aha, sure. I'll drop all my fuel just to have RP cargo.
Great idea, really great.
(But I indeed used RP cargo on my ships inb4 cloaks. But if you fight often, it becomes annoying to re-buy it. Especially if some of your ships located in systems like Edinburg - no way in hell I'm going to fly few systems just to get necessary RP cargo each time I die)

As for police, the only problem with them is that they're often trying to get into matters in which they have no jurisdiction. Like, desperately trying to inforce their view of law on a passing Battlegroup (for example for "blocking Trade Lanes")
Pages: 1 2