Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How far do we go...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The introduction of bases has been a major activity and economy stimulant as of late, giving people something to do and something to strive for, and giving targets for people to attack that would actually cause major losses other than logging out for 4 hours.

However the introduction of suck powerful tools have also brought with them dreadful amounts of metagaming.

I have seen BAF and Hessians teaming up against Corsairs, we all saw that.
I have seen pirates using cloaked transports with different IDs to follow traders to their bases, then go back with their pirate characters to trash it.
I have seen indie Liberty Navy ships stock up on Nomad supplies in the Omicrons and hand over the supplies to a pirate base to make cloaking devices.
I have seen independent players paying people at Krupp to make cloaking devices for them.
I have seen a traders with IDs that have nothing to do with a base bringing supplies to a base.

I have seen a lot more things that could get people sanctioned for metagaming information but I am not posting them here because I figure we can figure this out without going that far just yet.

But how far can this stuff go?
As far as we let it.
You can't really stop metagaming.
' Wrote:As far as we let it.
' Wrote:You can't really stop metagaming.
I guess his point was not bringing more metagaming, not stopping it.
There is hardly anything a lone player can do, but hope for the metagaming to stop - But you will realise your situation is helpless.

Best to do is not to do it yourself.
Rep Hacks
Rep Hacks won't stop anyone as they don't apply to player-built stations afaik.
I can't recall seeing anyone sanctioned for metagaming, ever.
' Wrote:Rep Hacks won't stop anyone as they don't apply to player-built stations afaik.

Sit in Orkney and work out what is going on with base supply. It may not actually stop many but it may make RP slightly more honest.
Pages: 1 2 3 4