Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: about bombers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
being an unexperienced bomber pilot (well, not talking about zoom), I would like to use those things in unusual way - to counter snubs..and assist against bigger vessels if needed.
so as far as my character is a molly, it has limited choice in those vessels.
I would like to hear your opinions on handling, shape and overall characteristics of bombers available to molly.
Roc.
The civilian Roc seems to make the most sense to me as the Barghest isn't really great against snubs from what I get.

Considering the BW bombers (nerfed to Mollies a bit), Cutlass got the edge over the broadsword in my opinion, but there isn't much of a difference.

EDITZ: Arthur, I demand you to stop ninja-ing me.
It really depends on your style. Some people like to use little heavier bombers against snubs (Thor for example) while others use agiler bombers. And there are some that use both.

If you go for agile bomber, Roc would be a good choice, at least for me it is. You gotta get used to its gun and torpedo slots as they are spread all across the ship.

If you go for a medium one, I suggest Thor. 5 EMP guns and a SNAC can be deadly if used properly.

I had rampages on both Roc and Thor, wish I still have the skills as I used to.
I use energy guns. Is that a crime?
Yes.
' Wrote:Yes.
more then one word, why?
also, anything about havoc?
Your only real options will be:

Barghest, Roc, Cutlass, Broadsword, Warren.

Your most important thing will be practicing your SNAC aim... most people load up with EMP guns to strip shields off fighters really fast then follow up with a SNAC. Also use your mines against snubs, it works rather well.

And do not forget hellfires, their use is limited, but they can be useful against bigger snubs and gunboats.

I had a Roc with 4 hellfires, and it could kill a fully shielded eagle that was spamming regenerations in 1.2 seconds, it was hilarious... it was not moving but yeah.
also, what is about rocs sliding abilities?
When fighting snubs, you will need to drop the enemies shields as fast as possible (optimally in one joust), the energy guns aren't as efficient in doing that compared to the EMP ones. - If you need to deal hull damage to a fighter, use mines, but your main weapons for the kill is the SNAC.

Also, against caps, the EMP guns are better in any way, since you will find yourself using the SNAC and HFRs against hull all the time.
Pages: 1 2 3