Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Piracy according to the rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I've seen several posts recently that demonstrate that many of you pirates have some misconceptions about what it is that you are allowed to do.
Quote:6.19 Pirates and terrorists have a right to deal as much damage as they see fit before or after demanding money from a trader ship, but killing trader ship before demanding money is not allowed. Attacking traders or demanding cargo is not allowed for cruisers and battleships, unless cruisers and battleship belong to Terrorist ID or Phantom ID owner.
There are no exceptions to this.
"Halt" or "stop" followed by being ignored is NOT a legitimate excuse to blow up a ship under any circumstances.
Further proof can be found in this sanction report, and this warning from an Admin.
You can yell "stop" all you want, but until you make a financial demand of some kind, a kill shot is a violation of Server Rule 6.19.
"Stop or die" does NOT constitute Piracy, it constitutes terrorism, which is illegal if you don't have a terrorist ID.

Speaking as both a pirate and a trader, it is NOT the trader's responsibility to stop everytime a pirate demands it. It is the "responsibility" of the pirate to force the trader into a corner that he can't escape from. If the pirate can't do that, he loses and the trader wins. If the trader can't escape or kill the pirate, then he ought to pay the pirate to avoid the destruction of his ship. If the pirate cannot corner the trader then he shouldn't expect the trader to do him any favors.
Agreed, but what if trader is showing no will to cooperate, and just keeps goin into cruise, leaving you no time to write anyhting?
Disrupt and rip into him. If he's going to be that annoying, leave him on 10% life. Then make your demand.

Pirates don't have to be friendly:)
' Wrote:Agreed, but what if trader is showing no will to cooperate, and just keeps goin into cruise, leaving you no time to write anyhting?

Then it's your problem not his.

EDIT:
and that's the point what Robert said. I've done things like this few times long time ago and now I'm ashamed :$
the last trader that ignored me and just chain initiated cruise sadly ate dozens of nuke mines resulting in the loss of most of his ships components, all his weapons, thrusters etc.

in good spirit of his awesome roleplay - he taunted a bit and then planetdived. - too bad that suicide is still an accepted method to save repair costs. - if someone does not comply at all - i usually try to take his ship down to a minimum of armour. - or, i make the very bad, ( but safe ) pay 500 or die demand, not cause its good RP, but just to be on the safe side. - and thats a pathetic point about the rule. - i must make that demand or i risk to eat a sanction.
' Wrote:- and thats a pathetic point about the rule. - i must make that demand or i risk to eat a sanction.

Heh yea, thats what i'm talkin about...
thats the funny thing about some people. they are pathetic when it comes to interaction / roleplay - but surprisingly triggerhappy on the screenshot button. - and oddly well informed about their "rights" as a trader:laugh:. but really, there are not too many of those around. maybe 1/20...the vast majority of traders / players are well within their role and RP throughout the whole encounter.
' Wrote:- and oddly well informed about their "rights" as a trader:laugh:. but really, there are not too many of those around. maybe 1/20...

Perhaps u meant to write 1/2?:P
Yea you have right jinx destroying their picis of ships is good
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12