Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Update seen as threat by norton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Greetings,

I just downloaded Update 5 and Norton Antivirus said it was a threat and deleted the freelancer.exe...
Might want to fix that.
Anyways can anyone help me out?

Thanks ahead,

Dr. Thomas Centura
Delete Norton. It's a bad piece of software.
' Wrote:Delete Norton. It's a bad piece of software.

+1
Help you out with what? You'll just have to re-install Freelancer and/or Discovery and make sure that Norton isn't activated when doing so.
' Wrote:Delete Norton. It's a bad piece of software.

Yeah, thats why its rated #1 Antivirus software. Its bad ,eh? :blink:I've never had but one virus on my computer in the last 10 years and that was my fault. Norton warned me. Thanks for the tip, but I'll keep my Norton. If you're using something else, good luck :laugh:When your antivirus program tells you there is something fishy going on and you just ignore it, you deserve all the bad things that happen.
Same here.:(

' Wrote:Greetings,

I just downloaded Update 5 and Norton Antivirus said it was a threat and deleted the freelancer.exe...
Might want to fix that.
Anyways can anyone help me out?

Thanks ahead,

Dr. Thomas Centura
' Wrote:Yeah, thats why its rated #1 Antivirus software.
The fact that both you and Dr. Centura have this problem definitely proves this is the very best antivirus software ever, yeah.
' Wrote:The fact that both you and Dr. Centura have this problem definitely proves this is the very best antivirus software ever, yeah.

No, PC Magazine and other technical computer test and publications do. I just have the same probem as Dr. Centura. We came here looking for information, not to debate our choice of antivirus software or to be harrassed. If you can't contribute anything relative to the discussion, don't be a problem.
Ok, I found a solution:
just copy the Freelancer.exe from Freelancer and paste it in the Discovery/exe folder, then tell Norton to ignore it when it pops up and if it deletes it again tell it to reverse the action and exclude the file from scanning.
Works for me.
' Wrote:Ok, I found a solution:
just copy the Freelancer.exe from Freelancer and paste it in the Discovery/exe folder, then tell Norton to ignore it when it pops up and if it deletes it again tell it to reverse the action and exclude the file from scanning.
Works for me.

I was going to do that but I wanted to know if there was an issue with the update before I ignored the warning.
(hits ENTER with fingers crossed):unsure: Better safe than pissed, eh?
Pages: 1 2 3