Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Corsair gun balance and not Titans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Recently there were a couple changes to the Corsair guns which made Titans loaded with them suddenly very scary things.

Mainly I am talking about the Colada del Cid becoming more energy efficient and the Salamanca dealing 575 damage for 175 energy (changed from 530 for 120)

For the most part this is pretty nice, my favorite ship in the entire game since vanilla, the Titan, is even scarier now:P

However there is the fact that the Corsairs have more than just the Titan... the Gladiator, Centurion and the Decurian (and the Legionnaire lol), and these ships really lack the kind of powerplant that would allow them to use these new class 9 Salamancas effectively, that additional 55 energy makes a big difference when you mount say, 4 and suddenly you are using up 2800 instead of 1920 energy per second.

Should these lesser ships get a powerplant buff to compensate, or make the class 8 Salamancas better so they can be used effectively here?

EDIT: I want to say I do like the damage buff and the energy usage and how they work when attached to Titans, I just feel that the other Corsair ships loose out a bit here is all.
Devs really forgot about other ships,
alternatively they want every sair to fly a titan.
What the problem with flying Titans?
' Wrote:What the problem with flying Titans?
No problem for me,
though sairs have quite a diverse shipline,
why make the other ships useless?

edit: and to be even kind of good in a Titan , you need a lot of practice.
People that don't have time for this will be sad panda.
' Wrote:What the problem with flying Titans?

The problem is that the Corsairs get two rather nice HFs and an... okay LF.
But they cannot use their guns on them very well any more because of the power plant stuff. If the devs upped the powerplants of the ships I mentioned above or raise the class 8 Salamanca's stats slightly there would not be as much of an issue.
I still dont see why you whining about it. Centurion have only 2 slots for 9 class guns. as do Decurion. so you cant mount 4 salamancas mk2 on that.
and I sayed many times: it depends on what gun you want on ship. what you want? centurion that can be stronger than Titan? oh, comon...

This buff to Salamancas is best what I saw to Corsair guns after their nerf in 1st updates. Coladas/Tizonas was damn nerfed and lost about 10% damage. and Salamanca energy drain raised from 113 to 120.

Ill send you this:

Quote:Centurion have 4 slots for 8 class and 2 for 9 class. So no problems if you will use proper guns.
Decurion have 2 9 class slots, 2 8 class and 1 1 class turret. 3 salamancas and 2 tizona/lobera will do great
Gladiator was made not to have full Salamancas, it is Torpeding ship. 2 coladas + 2 salamancas will do great.

Right now Corsair tech/ships seems to be like that: Use only shieldbusters to blow shields and only hullbusters to blow hull. no more tizoning on hulls ans salamancing shields. use weapon groups like me: 1st- full salamancas, 2nd-full coladas/tizonas, 3rd all together. and Salamanca turret are not changed, btw, so Freighters are not buffed/nerfed. Even Titan now cant handle with full salamanca/colada (5,725 secs of firing now, 7,009 secs of firing before), so dont flame on it and use guns separatly

Quote:Dont use Salamancas and Tizonas/Coladas together: its damn bad for your energycore. use them as I sayed: in groups. I used Salamanca/Colada separatly and together sometimes on Titan and I was able to blow Recycler damn easy. so dont QQ. I tested new guns- they are cool. better that old crap. as Cannon sayed: Salamancas get buff to be more better on TITAN- main ship Corsairs fly.

LFs and HFVs are not designed to counter VHFs by strength and armor, they must be faster and agile. and they are. You are trying Decurion and Centurion to be as Titan and this is wrong. They have own purpose to be in serve: Decurion to be scout/interceptor and Centurion to support by gun fire and survive due to agility. Titans is war mashine, they was made to blow other ships. and old Salamancas was not able to support that. and there was no 4.0 refire codename to be better.
Again: dont put Decurion, Centurion and even Gladiator into one place with Titan. they will never be so strong to match him. Titan is in short - the one

mine words
Quote:Mainly I am talking about the Colada del Cid becoming more energy efficient and the Salamanca dealing 575 damage for 175 energy (changed from 530 for 120)

eh what? not 175 energy - 155. its damn high power drain for Salamanca...
and Colada now eats 10 less energy pew shot
' Wrote:I still dont see why you whining about it. Centurion have only 2 slots for 9 class guns. as do Decurion. so you cant mount 4 salamancas mk2 on that.
and I sayed many times: it depends on what gun you want on ship. what you want? centurion that can be stronger than Titan? oh, comon...

He is not whining, he shares his opinion about something in a civilized way. You should do the same
The fight to get those salas buffed was lasting since 2008 maybe. And now, when it's finnaly done, people are still not happy:D
' Wrote:The fight to get those salas buffed was lasting since 2008 maybe. And now, when it's finnaly done, people are still not happy:D
Because they just got nerfed by 15% actually.:lol: one hit burst DPS of the guns does not really matter that much as efficiency and projective speed-the realized hits matters- now this hit-ratio is worse.
Titan core with efficient guns with less one hit burst DPS do more DPS in general due to more shots hence more hits. The simplest way to test it is to count for how much time any setup would do 100k dps vs let say not moving transport with turned off shield- and you would see the 15% difference very clear, burst DPS counts only in 1v1 fights, group fights and fights where snubs should shoot bigger ships- it does not really matter- there efficiency and projective speed matter. It is ridiculous because Salamancas got even worse efficiency then Trefoils and Codes do a way more dmg with a way better efficiency then Trefoils. I cannot image how bad are Salamancas now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4