Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Should the CR assets be purged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Basic premise is that CR should never have been added to Freelancer-centric mod, and now that the official faction is gone, the assets should simply be flushed down the memory hole. This means eliminate the ID, the bases, the ships, etc. There are other factions that need the attention, and keeping this alive just sucks up limited resources from players and developers alike.

Opposite argument is that the faction makes the game a little more interesting, and the assets are already there so leave them alone.

Discuss your vote if you wish
Phantom-like. Discovery mod =/= this server only.

Keep it. It does not hurt anyone.
The CR is part of Discovery lore.
End story.
' Wrote:Phantom-like. Discovery mod =/= this server only.

Keep it. It does not hurt anyone.

That.
Didn't the ID go open-use?

Not much of a "waste of resources" if its stuff is available to anyone who wants it. It's just another faction in the game now, I guess.
' Wrote:Basic premise is that CR should never have been added to Freelancer-centric mod, and now that the official faction is gone, the assets should simply be flushed down the memory hole. This means eliminate the ID, the bases, the ships, etc. There are other factions that need the attention, and keeping this alive just sucks up limited resources from players and developers alike.

Opposite argument is that the faction makes the game a little more interesting, and the assets are already there so leave them alone.

If yes, also remove:
- IMG BC
- All unlawful capitals bigger then gunboats
- All Zoner capitals with the exception of the carrier
- Phantom ships
'Cause these also draw "limited resources from players and developers alike".

Anyway, the decision on this has already been made. The ID will go public, the faction becomes part of the storyline as a small independent state out in the lower Taus. The faction will not be deleted. Not sure what the point of this thread is actually - CR has pretty much been finished as far as ships and weapons are. Their draw on dev resources is less then most other factions.
' Wrote:If yes, also remove:
- IMG BC
- All unlawful capitals bigger then gunboats
- All Zoner capitals with the exception of the carrier
- Phantom ships
'Cause these also draw "limited resources from players and developers alike".
Yes please.
' Wrote:Not sure what the point of this thread is actually
The point has been raised a couple of times, so I'm trying to measure the mood of the community instead of just those that post.
I got a better idea. Someone put together another CR faction.

I once actually got my hands on a CR ship sold to me. The mod change caused my ship to turn into a wooden toy. Now it's open :laugh: I gotta go get my ship back.
' Wrote:Basic premise is that CR should never have been added to Freelancer-centric mod, and now that the official faction is gone, the assets should simply be flushed down the memory hole. This means eliminate the ID, the bases, the ships, etc. There are other factions that need the attention, and keeping this alive just sucks up limited resources from players and developers alike.

There are other factions that need attention.

Ergo, take the time to remove all ships with the world colonial in the infocard.

This course of action will remove the time and energy drain placed on past devs, allowing 4.86 to have been released sooner. I think. Actually I guess Doom was done with these ages ago and he did the work as a personal project. But whatevs. Anyways, herd serf blerf kerf derf.

Amusingly cr lore and Gallic lore are pretty much in step if you look at it from the broad strokes perspective.
Pages: 1 2 3 4