Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Insufficient of civilian vessels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
And I mean absolutely new, fresh models, new vessels, available to each and everyone without any kind of nerfs.
From practical point of view - we have enough of them for any of our purposes....But from another side - it is boring to see Eagles and Fireflies all over around, and being unable to pick less or more unique vessel from such a low variety. It is boring, hell like boring to see and use only those ships (which are mostly low quality), and I find it a real downside of current Discovery.
I think that there is enough RP purposes to build five to ten new transports, and we can tie them to different houses, so they will carry a bit of style while being used across the Sirius.
We can even RP a shipbuilding companies and so so on...

Factions are getting too much love now, but imagine what would we have if we take away all the faction only vessels, how much civilian lines do we have? One, two? There should be more unaffiliated vessels, as for me.

And no need to remind me how few modellers there are, and how no one cares about it.
I am still upset of what happened to my last model...But maybe I would change my mind if there will actually be a support of community and developers.
A couple more 5k and 3.6k transports would be good. 5k is basically Stork and Titanic, the rest are house-specific. 3.6k is basically BWT and Firefly.

There are plenty of civilian fighters out there, a couple of houses need some work but civilians have multiples to choose from.

imo, there can't be too many open-use ships.

And yeah, we definitely need more 3.6k transports.
I dont see need in creating more ships. better improve quality of already existing. there are alredy many civilian tech (exept guns for snubs maybe)
I don't want to repeat my arguments so I will link this thread:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...9&hl=portal
And surely replacing X-Shuttle, Fly and Kujira...I meant new vessels on thier place
I just wonder if I will get any support from you if I decide to give it a try
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=109383

That should answer your question regarding how I feel about open use transports. As for fighters? There seems to be a decent number of them to select from.
We have the mid-sze house transports, which are more or less "Civilian". A lot of people like to point to those when new medium transports are requested.

But since there's a cargo restriction on a lot of IDs for 3.5K/3.6K, most people end up with Fireflies or BWTs, anyway. People are gonna buy the biggest they can get. So let's give those people more options. We have multiple 5K transports for the sake of diversity, now let's make more transports at exactly 3.5K.

If all else fails, we could even rebalance the mid-size house transports (Mammoth, Behemoth, etc.) to be 3.5K.

As for fighters, we do have a decent number of open-use VHFs and bombers already. Some of them need new models, though (Wasupu, Raven's Talon, Virage). But it can't hurt to expand upon that.
Enough and enough. Need more civy gunboats first.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5