Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Extra Credits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love Extra Credits, and their latest episode on Harassment is a good one. For those who haven't seen it, here is a link:
Season 4, Ep. 11 - Harassment

What some people do online is despicable, and I hope the ideas they have one day get implemented. Until then, /ignore and mute buttons all around.
That god damn annoying voice stops me from watching any of the videos. :|
I kinda see where this goes, but there are so many holes in their theory that I cannot be bothered to list them all.

Will after I get a few beers, tho.
' Wrote:That god damn annoying voice stops me from watching any of the videos. :|

[color=#FFFFFF]It's a Salarian reading
You find his voice annoying?
It kinda is, but the video is ok.
' Wrote:You find his voice annoying?

It's high pitched for no apparent reason.
' Wrote:You find his voice annoying?

[color=#FFFFFF]It isn't exactly a soothing one. But let's not look a gift horse in the mouth, Extra Credits always discusses valid points about gaming as something more than just a rather expensive gathering of gigabytes on your hdd. Harassment in video games or rather games/sports in general is something as old as the world itself, there will always be gloating and abusing others to underline your own supremacy, put on a convenient mask to hide your own complexes or simply win the psychic battle. The thing with video games is that the harassment is done mostly from the safety and comfort of your home so the home field advantage factor is quite big. However I think it's a problem which is localized in gaming, for example this very community - for the amount of people it has the number of cases in which a player systematically abuses another player is quite low, emphasis on systematically.