Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Restart.fl in OpenSP 4.86
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Regarding OpenSP in 4.86 - what is the starting point supposed to be? With 4.85, I was presented with a few OpenSP options in the FLMM installer - where, how many credits, faction alignment. With 4.86, I start with on Manhattan with 500 credits, an admin-only shield, and a 1+ million credit thruster.

In the flhook directory I found a few savegames that represent different factional starting points, but they get me going at level 20 with a CSV and 10k credits, and a lot of the map already explored. Is this how OpenSP in 4.86 is intended to start?

In 4.85 I opted to start at in Pennsylvania with the default credit start which put me at level 5, with none of the map explored, and this felt a lot more organic to me.

Could be I'm doing something wrong, of course. Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.
I played around with the SP stuff in update 4, not completely sure about this. From what I remember, if you have any savegames the game will use the autosave. If you delete all the savegames, it will kickstart at level 38.

Update 4 was possible to play some of the campaign missions too. Very buggy and stopped working entirely after a while, but it was possible early on.

If you're playing SP using 4.86.....ur doing it wrong.
I can't play online. I'm open to suggestions.
I just did "NEW GAME" from the main menu. I see what you're saying, it created level 38 ship on Manhattan with 500 credits. Not a lot to get started with.

Best advice is download the IONCROSS single-player editor from http://ioncross.com/software/ and copy the files from the IONCROSS directory under Discovery install.
You have a singleplayer console inplemente into your OpenSP in .86
You can set reputation, cash, location etc. of yours with it.

Playing the campaign should be mostly impossible.
I can't find any information on a singleplayer console for 4.86 - any help?
its easy. I dont remember most of them. basics at least. press ENTER and just type following:
cash *number*- set your cash to number. 2bills max
jump - moving your ship to object you selected by mouse
help - shows you all commands
robot - Trent to robot
monkey - Trent to monkey
I still dont know about faction commands. but you dont need IDs in SP anyway. hope I helped)
"system <code>" will take you to the specified system. Ex: "system li01" takes you to NY. The system codes are in the discovery\IONCROSS\GAMEDATA_systems.txt file

"base <code>" will take you to the specified base. Ex: "base li01_01_base" puts you on Planet Manhattan. The base codes are in the discovery\IONCROSS\GAMEDATA_bases.txt file

I'm not sure about some of the others like "rep" if they do anything besides display reputation
yeah I thought it was a bit weird.

I just bought a justice and ran oxygen to newark and mined scrap until I had enough for a startracker.
Pages: 1 2