Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: .....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Technically speaking it should be, as long as you can get a hold of it to begin with.

And your ID says you can use 5k transports.

EDIT: This is, of course, unless the Admins decide that it's a special case and shouldn't be used by non-Zoners. *shrugs*
' Wrote:The question is about the tiny addition to the Zoner Whale infocard saying "May only be used with a Zoner ID". I wonder if it is just obsolete entry or still in effect.
Hm. That's a tough one. I can't vouch for the Whale's infocard pre-update, but I'd say avoid using it to be sure. At least until you're certain.
May only be used with a Zoner ID

Pretty clear to me.
What was unclear about 'May only be used with Zoner ID' ? It is not obsolete, and as far as I can see, there
are no plans to change that position either.
Zoner ID, you can fly the Whale, other IDs may not.
So does this also apply to the Junker Salvager? As it also states never flown by those not junker. Never sold. Always passed down.
Curious as i have seen both ZBT's, and Salvagers not using proper IDs. If you mention in game they claim rules allow it. Cannot argue, or rule lawyer, so i just blow them up.
Same with Freelancers using Colonial or Blood Dragon technology. The infocards specifically state that such tech is never given out, so why is it allowed by the rules?
' Wrote:Same with Freelancers using Colonial or Blood Dragon technology. The infocards specifically state that such tech is never given out, so why is it allowed by the rules?
I looked through the cards for the Togo, Kagutsuchi, Atlas, Hydra, Kronos, Thanatos, Nyx, and Pytho. I saw nothing indicating any sort of "we don't give out our tech" line. The only ships that referenced such is the Dragon Gunboat, and even then it says if you have it outside of Dragon use, you're liable to be killed for it, and the Katana, both of which I know the BD player faction has kept a pretty tight leash on.

The Zoner Whale is the only ship that explicitly says it can only be used with a certain ID. It was that way in 4.85 too. Compared to those instances referenced, that's what makes it different. The others only refer to roleplay background.

Why that was done, I can only guess. It was on the ship infocard well before I started playing Discovery. I imagine it'd have something to do with the epidemic of Zoenr powertraders way back when that's also responsible for the docking restrictions in place on the Zoner ID.
Pages: 1 2