Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Mod Advice - Returning player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys:D

Its been a long time. i doubt anyone remembers me xD

Anyway. ive decided to come back to freelancer after a long break due to work. other games:P( yes i had to try the X series x.x )

Anyway. i cant remember much about freelancer. as i remember discoveryFL was a multiplayer best played mod, but it seems theres alot of new versions since i last played

Now im not sure this is possable with freelancer or if its out there, or if discovery already has these features. but i thought id ask because i need to consider each game before i go get it.

So basically what im after is a mod that allows me to play single player without following the official "story", that puts me in an expanding universe with AI that can make its own decisions, such as start wars, end them, invade sectors, take stations, economy

Thats what i loved about X3, it had alot of that, but my pc didnt do to well under X3TC and AP, and reunion didnt have the new features. so yea x.x

But yeah anyway. i was wondering if FL had a mod out there that truely creates a "living universe" were i can jump in and build my own reputation and maybe even join the AI when they invade an enemy. instead of commanding them to ( one thing i hated about X3 was having to control multiple ships all the time )
Short answer; No.

Welcome back.
' Wrote:Short answer; No.

Welcome back.

oh well, ill just play online again xD. though itll take alot of catching up to do! lol. i was just hoping that there was a single player mod with good features for when im away with my laptop with no net ~.~
What you're asking for is not really possible in a single player environment, Freelancer wise at least.
Well out of curiousity is there any game beyond freelancer that might have these capabilitys? besides the X series. my laptop cant run anything above reunion x.x

Not that I'm aware of, there's not really that many freeroam space combat games to begin with, let alone any that are actually half decent.

What you've basically described that you want, is the X series.
There's not really any way around it.
are things still really strict online? last time i played most servers had so many RP rules, especially when it came to larger/capital ships or destroyers. even if you had the money, you had to get permission from players to use them. and i barely saw much fighting/space battling between players
' Wrote:are things still really strict online? last time i played most servers had so many RP rules, especially when it came to larger/capital ships or destroyers. even if you had the money, you had to get permission from players to use them. and i barely saw much fighting/space battling between players
There are some rp rules on this server yes, but i wouldn't call them strict at all.
First off, you don't need permission for capitals.
Second, as one of the largest playerbase mods for FL, we have some quite epic space battles, and chances are you will find a fight or have the opprotunity to join one within minutes of logging.
Even quicker if you go looking for one.
Someone needs to turn Mount and Blade into Fighter and laser :P. That game is basically what you want, but in medieval era (Or napoleonic if you play with Fire and Steel)