Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 2x freelancer launches all the time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi gents,maybe any of you know anything about this strange issue:

When i launch a freelancer,all of a sudden i find out that there are 2x freelancers on... Sometimes i can solve this problem and exit one freelancer from the "Start Task Manager" But most of times Start task manager doesnt show me 2x freelancers on...

Maybe anyone knows anything about this issue.
<Thanks>
' Wrote:Hi gents,maybe any of you know anything about this strange issue:

When i launch a freelancer,all of a sudden i find out that there are 2x freelancers on... Sometimes i can solve this problem and exit one freelancer from the "Start Task Manager" But most of times Start task manager doesnt show me 2x freelancers on...

Maybe anyone knows anything about this issue.
<Thanks>

This seems to be happing with my version too......Anyone knows a fix for this?

regards

Thubal
are you double clicking the icon?
' Wrote:are you double clicking the icon?

Bad joke....No I am not....

regards

thubal

Edit: But a copy of freelancer.exe remains in the task manager after closing the game.
a wrong pass in the installation, when you see that freelancer is taking "slow" the movements, and that, is because opened 2 times the freelancer, if you use W7 try put the access in the task bar, that's the solution for me that always and still functioning :D
' Wrote:a wrong pass in the installation, when you see that freelancer is taking "slow" the movements, and that, is because opened 2 times the freelancer, if you use W7 try put the access in the task bar, that's the solution for me that always and still functioning :D

I use XP and start it via the Start-button quickstart list.....this would be the same I guess but the problem still persists...

regards

thubal
I have also noticed this. I pm'd hoodlum ingame when i noticed the game was running at half speed, i closed the game and opened task manager, and there were 2 freelancer.exe programs in the process tab. even though the game wasnt even on anymore.

I had to end both of their tasks and then start again with just 1 for it to back to normal. however if i leave the game and re-open it later it does the same thing again. its fairly annoying :|
This happened me only a few hours ago. I could not log onto my account.
' Wrote:are you double clicking the icon?
no of course,i have tried it from "Run as administrator" too,but doesn't work.

' Wrote:Edit: But a copy of freelancer.exe remains in the task manager after closing the game.

that's exactly what i'm talking about,the same thing happens to me. (using windows 7)

' Wrote:I have also noticed this. I pm'd hoodlum ingame when i noticed the game was running at half speed, i closed the game and opened task manager, and there were 2 freelancer.exe programs in the process tab. even though the game wasnt even on anymore.

I had to end both of their tasks and then start again with just 1 for it to back to normal. however if i leave the game and re-open it later it does the same thing again. its fairly annoying :|

And don't you know what's the solution of that issue?
freelancer UI is getting closed by the process itself isn't. If you had logged account it will stay logged unless you terminate the process via the task manager.
Pages: 1 2