Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transport gun models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the most part they look pretty nice, all the small turrets look good and fit the house styles nicely.
Same goes for Type 1 and Type 2 guns.

But I think that the Type 3 turret is a bit massive on most transports, and can't really be used on many without looking really silly.

And I think the Type 4 turret looks a bit... well ridiculous and low quality in comparison to the other turrets. I mean it is essentially a Solaris turret, but we have this really odd looking fin thing with two tiny little barrels sticking out of it, and it doesn't really... well I just dislike how it looks.

I know the models are unlikely to change, but... I do want to ask if someone wants to look into making better looking Type 3s and Type 4s.
I can't imagine the devs would have any problem updating the turrets; I think it's simply the lack of anything being submitted to replace them.
Yeah I guess people have other priorities right now...

hmm actually on that note, some new effects might be good as well.

Seeing as the type 3 shoots a giant green marshmallow out and the type 4 fires a little yellow sliver out. Which I never understood, the gun label calls it a Dulzian gun, but Dulzian codenames are purple, not yellow, like the Solaris guns.
Leave the Type 3s alone! I want a fancy hat on my Annapurna!
--
But yeah, the Type 3s do look silly.
I think the Type 4s are fine though, but it's all a matter of preference.
Also, purple Dulzian turrets? Can I haz?
' Wrote:Yeah I guess people have other priorities right now...

hmm actually on that note, some new effects might be good as well.

Seeing as the type 3 shoots a giant green marshmallow out and the type 4 fires a little yellow sliver out. Which I never understood, the gun label calls it a Dulzian gun, but Dulzian codenames are purple, not yellow, like the Solaris guns.

I don't see why they can't be doing this, I mean the last update (or the one before that) had...wait for it... countdown timers for refire for various weapons!
' Wrote:I don't see why they can't be doing this, I mean the last update (or the one before that) had...wait for it... countdown timers for refire for various weapons!

That is a hack that takes literally two minutes to apply to freelancer.exe, if I recall correctly.

In comparison, creating and testing new weapon FX can take hours, depending if you're trying to get a certain result or not.

Turning something red, blue, etc. Making it longer and all the very basic edits are very quick, very easy. Making an entirely new looking projectile requires .ale editing knowledge, which is probably the top most undocumented part of the FL code. There's only a few people that know their way around the ales really well, and none of them are working for Disco, last I checked. I assume there's at least one person here with rudimentary knowledge, but I imagine even they have better things to do to.

It's not as simple as just clicking your fingers and making the magic happen (Unless you're someone like FriendlyFire, who I'm led to believe made the jump drive effect for Disco), and weapon effects are not exactly high on the list of important things to be done... For any mod. Especially one that isn't a Total Conversion.
iirc rita, they are talking about the gun models not the looks of the 'bullet'
I think it's a matter of placement. All those giant type 3's look great on my Bison. But they look darn goofy on all those npc behemoths. Really, I think if you have a full equipment line for every house (ie liberty civ type 1-4, rheinland civ type 1-4, etc) that would be the only way to avoid these types of issues.
has anyone seen how it looks in the Taureau? breaks the shape completely...
' Wrote:has anyone seen how it looks in the Taureau? breaks the shape completely...

Yeah, looks terrible.

However...

Gallic Small Transport Turret, finally! It has a blue-coloured which is nice, too. The model is just a shrunk GB primary, though.
Pages: 1 2