Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounties and ID's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
are fl id's and bh id's and those with the "Can fulfill bounty contract" claus on em the only ones that can take bountys?
Cuse my IC ID let's me hunt hackers, but can i claim bounties on em too?
No.
The examples in the bounty thread admin posts make it seem like you can.
I've not allowed any member in my faction to claim cash. It's not on our ID. In RP I assume they are doing their jobs and it's what their salaries are for.
' Wrote:are fl id's and bh id's and those with the "Can fulfill bounty contract" claus on em the only ones that can take bountys?
Cuse my IC ID let's me hunt hackers, but can i claim bounties on em too?
The ID defines your engagement privileges, and attacking for the purpose of claiming a bounty is a form of engagement. If the ID does not give you permission to use the bounty system, you cannot use it. However if you are able to kill a particular ship because of some other engagement privilege, and somebody has posted a reward for them, there's no harm in asking for the bounty.

The other issue is the bounty board will specify who is able to register to claim, and some of them may not allow you to do it.

Anyway, short answer is you cant take a contract to kill somebody for money. You might be able to get the money anyway, probably not though.
There are going to be people come on here and post that if it's not prohibited by your ID that you can do that. Here's the thing - bounties <strike>should be </strike>are required to be posted that say who CAN claim them.

If you are a corporate pilot defending someone else against a pirate, and there happens to be a bounty on that pirate - congratulations, you were simply doing your job in the first place, and you should NOT be claiming any bounty on that pirate. You're being paid to do that job - protect the cargo ship - already by your company. Bounty Hunters don't have regular paychecks coming in - they live off their bounties. Same with mercs.

I'm not sure what examples you're reading, Benjamin, but the rules regarding bounties are HERE.