Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Talarca Cruiser:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading through the wiki, and a little question came up:

First of all, here's the text I was wondering about:

Quote:At the 810 Denver Space Expo, Renzu unveiled it's largest and most ambitious project ever... the Talarca Cruiser. The inital prototypes had been built and tested in secret in Yukawa shipyards, which had been rented out from Kishiro in return for a cut of the profits, before manufacture moved to Renzu's plant on Honshu. The company was taking a huge risk in such a venture, with each Talarca costing 65 million credits to manufacture, and even Interspace being shy about the venture. Fortunately, the Talarca was an smash hit when it finally hit the market, with sales far exceeding the construction cost. The Talarca's relatively low cost, modular interior, high adaptability, low maintnance costs, and the general lack of regulation required to purchase one (at the time) made it ideal for Military Police, Large Corperations like the GMG, Zoners, Research Firms operating in the Edgeworlds, Rich Freelancers, and most notoriously, unlawfuls of every stripe.

But after this, this creates more wonder though:

Quote:The Talarca ultimately became a victim of it's own sucess, with models more often then not seen in the hands of Criminals, Notibly Farmers Alliance, Golden Chrysanthemums and Blood Dragons, and others. Even the Harvesters were known to have copied the design. The result of this was a dramatic increase in regulations regarding large capital ships both inside Kusari and Beyond. Eventually, orders for the Talarca dwindled, and the cost of manufacture (combined with materials rationing with the onset of the Kusari-Bretonia war) lead to it's being discontinues as of 817 AS However, it's sucess had catapaulted Renzu to new heights.

People could have bought one before 817 AS... this means some people could have one...

Renzu Corporation Wiki Entry

If you look at this wiki entry, you can see that the part talking about the Talarca Cruiser links to the Corvo Deep Space Explorer vessel. What made me wonder is, that this documentation says that this kind of vessel could be bought with a lack of regulation... So any Police, Military, Corporation, or even Freelancers could get one...

As far as I am aware, I thought the Corvo Cruiser was for Zoner use only, such as the well-known Conference Gunboat class ship, (and I've remember that I've read somewhere some thread about it being wrongly seen as a cheap way for freelancers to get gunboats...

So the question is... Is the Corvo Cruiser so open use as it can be read there? Basically because the same mistake as the Conference Gunboat could happen...
Only people that are going to stop you are the Zoners.
The Talarca Cruiser is no longer in the mod.

It evolved into the Corvo, and the Corvo became a Zoner ship.

However, most wiki links to the Talarca are persistent on older pages, so they now redirect to the Corvo.
' Wrote:The Talarca Cruiser is no longer in the mod.

It evolved into the Corvo, and the Corvo became a Zoner ship.

However, most wiki links to the Talarca are persistent on older pages, so they now redirect to the Corvo.
Redundant statement. :mellow:
Thank you everybody for the input...
Now watching this:

Quote:Orange (was white cells on the previous chart) = 75% for ships, 76% for guns powerplant regeneration nerf (Tech you shouldn't really use but still works)

And after that testing what's the corresponding nerf empirically. I can see the Freelancer ID gets a 75% using the Corvo with Basic Turrets.

Would this mean that it could be possible to use through special permissions?
' Wrote:Thank you everybody for the input...
Now watching this:
And after that testing what's the corresponding nerf empirically. I can see the Freelancer ID gets a 75% using the Corvo with Basic Turrets.

Would this mean that it could be possible to use through special permissions?

Does the Freelancer ID allow Cruisers?
' Wrote:Does the Freelancer ID allow Cruisers?

Now that I check that...
No, Cruisers are not avaiable for freelancer pilots, following the ID regulations.

Ok, question solved.

Thank you everybody for the input.
' Wrote:Redundant statement. :mellow:

No, it's not redundant. In fact, it is completely relevant.

It explains the relationship between the Talarca and the Corvo, and thus whether or not it Roleplay related to the Talarca is tied in with the Corvo.

If the Talarca still existed, a very rich Freelancer buying one from Renzu would be fairly legitimate. However, a Freelancer could not buy a Corvo from Renzu, because Renzu don't actually build the Corvo.

Use that brain, son, before you make more redundant statements.

OP: While I said that the Talarca became the Corvo, it just meant that the old model carried over with a new name, and the RP/background/manufacturer and so on did not go with it.

(Ok, I lie, I actually don't know for sure what happened to the Talarca - but it's the most logical explanation.)

I hope that made sense!