Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Request] A new support ship.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm wondering if maybe we could put a ship into the mod that could fulfill the role of a support ship, but for cargo rather than repairs. We have ships with each of the required features but not one with all of them. For example, the hercules is too small to come along on a trade run.

Big robotic arms suitable for loading cargo to/from other transports in space. Storage modules of its own, some for solid cargo and some for gas. Also maybe some kind of robotic refueling arm where the gas tanks are.
And finally, enough cargo space and size for it to hold its own as a transport, so that you can use it without feeling like you're nerfing one of the people hauling with you. Around 3k?

Think of a mashup between the Hercules, Salvager, and Uruz.
sounds like it'd have a dick of a sur.
The thing is, basically any mid-size transport (or better yet, battle transport) can fill this role just fine. The only difference I can see in what you're suggesting is that this thing looks like it's designed to transfer cargo in space. While robot arms and pipes and external interchangeable cargo modules and stuff may look cool, they can't serve any real purpose.

If we got one of these, it would more or less be just another medium transport.

But... as I said in that other topic about needing more "civilian" transports and fighters, I'm in favor of adding more medium transports, anyway. If I'm advocating the addition of more 3K to 3.5K options, one of them might as well have an in-RP role as some sort of support ship.

It all comes down to modelling, though. Someone would need to make it first.
Oh, absolutely. I won't try to hide the fact that the main reason I'm asking for this is so the Zoners have an actual, believable cargo exchange vessel to empty and fill our ZBT's. For practical purposes the BWT works just fine. But from an aestetic and roleplay standpoint most transports have no business acting in this manner.

But such a ship would have other rp applications as well. Supplying survey/jump/cloak vessels, supplying bases. Cargo piracy? Refueling any ship in a rp event... Maybe carrying a modest quantity of extra bots/bats for repairs? Just a thought, don't want it to seem overpowered or taking the repair ship's job.
I think Salvager already good on that. Good armor, weapons, cargo and regens makes this ship good
or I just misunderstood main idea....
' Wrote:I think Salvager already good on that. Good armor, weapons, cargo and regens makes this ship good
or I just misunderstood main idea....

Salvager is junker only. This would be civtech. And I think it may have some scrap metal mining bonus that this ship doesn't need. Also it has no gas tanks and its arms are sized for scrap-grabbing, not moving big transport-sized crates of stuff.
' Wrote:Salvager is junker only. This would be civtech. And I think it may have some scrap metal mining bonus that this ship doesn't need. Also it has no gas tanks.

Aha I see. Civilian Salvager or some sort. this could be good. I would love to see one of them. great RP options
Keep in mind that we still have imports
Well.. it could be an excuse to reinvent another transport like the firefly into something that doesn't look like an ugly duck?:P
I don't get what you're asking. Cargo transfer between big ship and small base? Use freighters. Dromedaries fill that role just fine.
Pages: 1 2