Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some questions about code hunters vs rules, Corsairs and sanctions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few questions about the codename hunters and the sanctions about them and I need your opinions.

1. Are the code hunters an exception to the rules? Can you shoot them for the weapons even if they are allies? Example: A Navy guy threatening and killing a Freelancer to take his code. Can he kill him without role playing and without following his ID restrictions? (I am not talking about the 5,3 rule when under-level freelancers have a codename weapon. I am talking about ID restrictions vs code hunters).

2. Can a Corsair kill a Corsair for a codename or for any other reason? Can the Benitez faction kill a Corsair for being near the Aegean Nebula in Omicron 94? Can they find a rp reason to threaten you not to shoot the wreck in the Nebula? Does a faction home system count as a guard system making them immune to some rules? Can we all make rp stories - situations to by-pass the rules?
Edit: So, from the answers I got, now I know that they have the right to shoot you if you loot the code from Don Quixote’s wreck. It is not a rp story some pilots invented in the game to shoot the people but it is their history which I didn’t know. Question answered.

3. Do you think code hunting is oorp? Not as a game future since there are a lot of oorp futures I can point, but as an event in the game between two players.

4. Is it fair, the admins to forgive or not sanction a player for rules breaking when a lot of people didn’t have the chance and got sanctioned? Are the rules for everyone or only for the people we don't have a problem to sanction? Or because it is a private server they have the right to do whatever they like without having in mind that some people have spent a lot of hours for this game in this server?

5. Can I have my ships next to the wrecks and login after each restart and kill enemies and allies to take the weapons they loot without following the rules?

I have seen the above situations in person and I am curious what do you people think?
*About the Benitez faction, I had good rp with some of them and they never killed me. I just found it strange a Corsair to threaten a Corsair in a Corsair system and i wanted some opinions so I know how to rp/act in the future.
O-94 is the Benitez guard system.
' Wrote:I have a few questions about the codename hunters and the sanctions about them and I need your opinions.
2. Can a Corsair kill a Corsair for a codename or for any other reason? Can the Benitez faction kill a Corsair for being near the Aegean Nebula in Omicron 94? Can they find a rp reason to threaten you not to shoot the wreck in the Nebula? Does a faction home system count as a guard system making them immune to some rules? Can we all make rp stories - situations to by-pass the rules?

Actually not only can but we will shoot every one robbing the grave of the lost Don Quixote, and does not on demand drop the code weapon from that ship so it can be destroyed.

Quote:In 757 A.S shortly after the system's discovery, the Corsair Council of Elders charged the Corsair Benitez Family with the administration of the territory of Omicron 94. In 817 A.S. this arrangement was renewed 94 Declaration of 817 A.S. , with laws created for the region stating that visitors to Omicron 94;

Must not enter the Aegean Nebulae
Must not desecrate the remains of fallen ships
Must follow instructions from Benitez pilots

Must not enter the Aegean Nebulae: And that mean all ships that comes to O94 be it Corsair ships or others.
Omicron-94 link
In short, this has nothing to do with code hunting, but with Corsair players disobeying a FR2 (saying "don't go there") and getting their ship shot out from under them as a result of their refusal. Corsair justice I suppose...
The Aegean Nebula is the edge of charted space, run over by Nomads and the unknown.
To venture forth into it is to risk infection and to risk being taken host by the Nomads, something that cannot be allowed by the Empire.
I didn't know that they can shoot all the pilots, Corsairs and not, when they enter their guard system. I guess my character is lucky who is still alive.

Thanks for the Corsairs - Benitez - Omicron-94 answers.
' Wrote:I didn't know that they can shoot all the pilots, Corsairs and not, when they enter their guard system. I guess my character is lucky who is still alive.

Thanks for the Corsairs - Benitez - Omicron-94 answers.

I think that you misunderstood.
We dont shoot corsairs that comes to O94.
But loot the Grave of Don Quixote, and you will be asked to drop the Code, and then if you dont we WILL shoot at you.
' Wrote:4. Is it fair, the admins to forgive or not sanction a player for rules breaking when a lot of people didn'€™t have the chance and got sanctioned? Are the rules for everyone or only for the people we don't have a problem to sanction? Or because it is a private server they have the right to do what ever they like without haviing in mind that some people have spent a lot of hours for this game in this server?
Yes, there is double standards. Life is such. Admins are players, friends and such. Untill we get gamemasters, such things will continue.
' Wrote:I think that you misunderstood.
We dont shoot corsairs that comes to O94.
But loot the Grave of Don Quixote, and you will be asked to drop the Code, and then if you dont we WILL shoot at you.

Ah, now I see. I edited the question to:
Quote:Edit: So, from the answers I got, now I know that they have the right to shoot you if you loot the code from Don Quixote’s wreck. It is not a rp story some pilots invented in the game to shoot the people but it is their history which I didn’t know. Question answered.

Quote:Yes, there is double standards. Life is such. Admins are players, friends and such. Untill we get gamemasters, such things will continue.
Then I was wrong thinking / hoping about a fair play for all.
, you have had an answer by PM from an admin in response to your second or third report of the same situation. The admin team does not know who the player you reported is, although no doubt we could find out. Your report was considered, reviewed and you have received a reason why it is closed. You will get nothing else.

If you do not like this, leave this server and go somewhere else.

To continue to raise this will result in sanctions against you.