Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: IC ID and Gallic groups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can IC IDed ship land on the station of the following groups:

The Council

The Maquis

Unione Corse

Gallic Brigands
gallic brigands no
the maquis no

the council certainly yes, you just need to rp the rights if it hasn't been done yet.

unione corse yes, but considering there's no official faction to rp the rights with the usual stance would be : go ahead.

last I heard common sense doesn't require an admin input.
' Wrote:gallic brigands no
the maquis no

the council certainly yes, you just need to rp the rights if it hasn't been done yet.

unione corse yes, but considering there's no official faction to rp the rights with the usual stance would be : go ahead.

last I heard common sense doesn't require an admin input.
Last I heard common sense gets people sanctioned.
if your definition of common sense is docking on an outcast base with a DSE ID ship, I believe we don't have the same definition of it.

Sincerely, there's nothing of very complicated in your request.

The Maquis doesn't accept foreigners and even shoot them. Why would they buy/trade supplies from/with you ?

The Council is bro with everybody, they'll say yes to your request.

The Unione Corse are here to make profit. If they find an interest in working with you and profitable, they'll say yes.

The Brigands pirate people, they don't let them dock on their stations. +LE+ does not count as Brigand, but since they're that ID official faction, if they give you the right that issue is void.

What's complicated in a little of reasoning ?
Reasoning does not work with clearly defined and hardcoded rules.

I'd rather get clear statement from admin, than dozens from you.

You shouldn't waste any more time of your own for expressing your opinion on this matter.
I see your trademark attitude hasn't abandoned us, oh joy. And before one of you jumps on me, that's referring to you both.

Enough with the pissing match. Alley, there is a way to give someone information without tacking on a sarcastic comment to the end of your post. Arthur, don't snap back, and I'd suggest not trying to exclude people from the threads you make. we have a very diverse and well-educated community here, and plenty of the playerbase can answer a rules question as well as the admins.
I would rather be safe than with all my funds gone once I try to use my common sense.

I put trust in people who are responsible for rules and enforcing them.
' Wrote:Can IC IDed ship land on the station of the following groups:

The Council

The Maquis

Unione Corse

Gallic Brigands
"Can"? Yes, given you're not too hostile.

"Should"? That's a different story.
RP stance of the Corse: While I agree the Corse maybe wouldn't mind doing business, I don't think anyone really lands on Corse bases outside of the Corse. All the population of their bases are Corse, with very few exceptions of Brigands and Maquis, and these fellows are aware they are exceptions. And a lot of infocards and such would show that they'd let even less Sirians be aware of the position of their stations.

The Corse prefer ship-to-ship commerce and the use of middlemen.

Mechanic/Rule wise: Nothing stops you.

People actively seeking to gain access to Gallia's underworld attract the attention of the Corse, though, and they are often hostiles to such acts. They already have to cope with the Brigands, the Junkers, and now the Outcasts as competition.
The Brigands is a tough one due to so many different brigand groups, but despite that, so far only two brigand groups are currently available. You got the ones on Narbonne and the +LE+. And there are an additional 10 other bases along with planet marne to deal with. So in any given stance. Be very careful on your words. And maybe offer up a bit of a bribery payment to avoid being pirated by the certain groups? Since I currently lead the +LE+, I'd go with the latter pending on what goods you're looking for.
Pages: 1 2