Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The optimal Freelancer ID cargo limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
' Wrote:That is right, unfortuantely.

But really...why not to lock heavy transports from everyone`s use? Give them to official factions only? So they keep monopoly and conomic power?
No thanks. I want to enjoy my Stork as unofficial faction member or indie.
Hasn't there been an idea floating around about FLHooking specific prices for specific commodities for specific IDs?

If that were ever to become at thing, we could probably give 5Ks to Freelancers, but keep corporations unique and interesting to play by giving them special prices.

For example, with an EFL ID, you could sell oil at twice the normal price. Or with an ALG ID, buy nuclear devices at a cheaper price. Or maybe with an OS&C ID in conjunction with the use of a liner, passengers and other similar human cargoes take up only 1 unit of cargo instead of 2. Freelancer IDs, on the other hand, would get none of these perks.

Of course, the clear problem with that is that it would require a great deal of FLHook work and rebalancing of the economy. Two things which are notoriously difficult and time consuming.

Well. We can dream.
Seems fine as it is?
' Wrote:The Freelancer ID is balanced.
It really is.
But balance is not what lolwut powertraders are looking for.

The Freelancer Cargo limit isn't really too bad. What does the FL ID injustice, though, is the lack of transport variety for cargo sizes close to the ID's limit. I wouldn't mind seeing, say, a 3.7k or 3.8k cargo ship and increasing the ID's cargo slightly to accomodate that. Also, more transports around 3.5/3.6k cargo. We have two, and it'd be better to have something like five or six.

Also what Zuke said.
' Wrote:But really...why not to lock heavy transports from everyone`s use? Give them to official factions only? So they keep monopoly and conomic power?

Sorry but the 'monopoly and economic power' is already kept by money haxors.
It's fine as it is I would say. An increasing of the cargo space would make more people want to powertrade with their bigger transports with even less restrictions RP-wise. BWT is a good ship, that can be used by Freelancers, for instance. Going higher would only result in harming the corporations activity, I think, even if it's mostly powertrading.

It's balanced and doesn't have to be increased, in my honest opinion.
I can't use the Pirate Train on Freelancer ID. I am not impressed.

Neither can I use the Pilgrim Slave Liner.

There should be a few exceptions to the list cause flying a BWT isn't exactly the epitome of style and functionality when it comes to unlawful business.

The Pirate Transport is nice, but with the nerfed hold, I just don't feel like using it to do my hauling business.
Do not fix what is not broken. Dedicated trading factions need the love. Just add an exception like the Junker IDs for the Pilgrim and Ptrain.
It's good as it is.
I'm in a faction that use only Freelancer ID and in my opinion the ID seems balanced...
Pages: 1 2 3 4