Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hegemon and player bases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't like sounds from game, so I turned it off, and play in absolute silence. I noticed quite often I mine although my hold is full, because I don't hear communicate. Dot somewhere near regens showing you your hold is full, or free/taken cargo space bar would be helpful for miners.

Regarding Hegemon's cargo space. Since player bases, especially those built as ore storages are available, mining in Hegemon with it's actual space is kinda... inefficient. This is in reality rather mobile station than ship, in my opinion it should has more space for precious ore... Of course nothing is for free, more space on Hegemon in exchange for Barge's speed.

What do you think? Please, discuss, point out pros and cons.

Pavel
You could always leave Dialogue audio on, and you'd only hear the occasional "Cargohold full" or whatever, and "Docking". That's how I mine, and I think it works great.

I don't use the Heggy though, no comment on that one.
[font=Comic Sans Ms]The hegemon was used to the point of being "abused" in the last mod, by being effective enough at solo mining. The devs would prefer you mine in groups, so it is suggested you do that
' Wrote:[font=Comic Sans Ms]The hegemon was used to the point of being "abused" in the last mod, by being effective enough at solo mining. The devs would prefer you mine in groups, so it is suggested you do that

That's why I proposed Barge's speed in exchange, to avoid wrong usage of Hegemon.
' Wrote:That's why I proposed Barge's speed in exchange, to avoid wrong usage of Hegemon.

Wrong usage like solomining next to a playerbase?

Regards,
Talesin
' Wrote:Wrong usage like solomining next to a playerbase?

Regards,
Talesin

I understand miners should use surveyors? Then of course, filling up base's stock will really need cooperation.

EDIT: And playerbase vs. npc base prices are really different things.

EDIT2: Okay, okay, now I see that wasn't the best idea.
Some warning when the hold is full would be great.

As for cargo hold in exchange for barge speed, no.

But take out the the hegemon cruise speed(if possible) and thrust CMs, etc. The hegemon would be defenseless and still would need support.
This suggested change to the Hegemon wouldn't promote group mining however. You want to be able to both mine a good chunk of ore AND transport it to a nearby base without the need of a middleman ferrying it for you.

Sure, it would take longer with Barge cruise on the Heggy, but anyone who's patient enough to mine would most likely be patient enough for that cruise charge up too.

Looks to me that this suggested change reverts the Hegemon into a solo miner/transporter again.
I am sorry, but how hard is it to look in your cargo, or listen for the full cargo warning when you shoot that last rock.
If you want to solo mine in a hedge? get someone to build a base in the field. You could probably target it, and have all the ore go straight into the base that way. Dam are miners getting lazy.

PS.3000 posts. woohoo.
' Wrote:I am sorry, but how hard is it to look in your cargo, or listen for the full cargo warning when you shoot that last rock.
If you want to solo mine in a hedge? get someone to build a base in the field. You could probably target it, and have all the ore go straight into the base that way. Dam are miners getting lazy.

PS.3000 posts. woohoo.

' Wrote:I don't like sounds from game, so I turned it off, and play in absolute silence. I noticed quite often I mine although my hold is full, because I don't hear communicate. Dot somewhere near regens showing you your hold is full, or free/taken cargo space bar would be helpful for miners.

Not when I have few persons on skype, forum to check and I just look at windowed FL. Without sounds.
Pages: 1 2