Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: GBs that need a small buff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So. The GRN GB, it really does suck...

I'd say, slap on 2 more turret slots (one front 180, other 360) and give it a heavy GB core. With those turrets and that size that thing needs it.

If you say "well why not the Council GB then?" I'll say sure, maybe give it ONE more turret, but council turrets are pretty legit, and with the agility buff it already has there is no need for anything more than PERHAPS an extra turret.

Yep.
Only gunboat I know of that needs to get hit with the buffblaster is the Lanehacker one. The GRN one... pretty average, but the cruiser and battleship of that shipline are quite good. It's not particulary underpowered. Since the GRN and Council gunboats are essentially the same pieces of hardware, equal guncount.
If anything, I'd say that the GRN Gunboat turrets are to blame, rather than the boat itself.

Put a GRN Perilous up against a Council Perilous, and things look pretty equal at first. They're pretty much the exact same ship, but the Council one is a big lighter on armor and a bit more agile. The GRN Perilous is slightly heavier and slightly slower. Seems to balance out well enough so far.

But when I take a look at the turrets, things seem a bit skewed. The Council GB turrets are your standard 4.00 turrets which do more damage per shot than Basics. They're pretty good. The GRN GB turrets, on the other hand, do significantly less damage per shot than the Basics. Granted, the GRN turrets have a weird 4.76 refire rate, but even with the faster firing guns, they turrets still deal less damage per second than a Basic.

In a Perilous vs Perilous fight, I'd be putting my money on the Council GB. It should be able to out-maneuver the GRN GB and pound away at it with its heavier-hitting guns. Even with the Council GB's reduced armor, I don't know if a GRN GB would be able to significantly damage the thing with its puny turrets before getting blown up by the Council.

But these are just my thoughts as guy who's only fought in a GRN GB like, twice. I may not be the best source of balance-knowledge here.
Yep the GRN turrets are horrible, the worst DPS except basics, and every other tech is red cell so you cant use anything better. The hardpoints are pretty bad too, especially with that shape. When I'm fighting another gunboat I have to get right on top of the target so I can stay over their weak spot and drip out damage.

It's nimble enough, and the core is fine (too much for the ship actually), but the damage output is just incredibly poor.
If there is a GB that needs to be buffed, its the nomad GB... Big from every angle and slow with awfull arcs...
' Wrote:If there is a GB that needs to be buffed, its the nomad GB... Big from every angle and slow with awfull arcs...
I dont fly my Nammu since 2 months + and will destroy it. Its worthless.
It have 3 guns firing forward all the time and 2 that fire only if the target is left or right. If the target is changing position these 2 guns start rotating slowly to move from left to right or the opposite. In that time the gunboat can fire with only 3 guns that deals same DPS as all other gunboats with small refire rate.

Its massive and its guns should do tremendous damage to compensate for its big shape. The only good thing is its forward gun which deals great damage and have very good firing arc, and its maneuverability. Its really fast comparing to other gunboats with the same size but its big and easy target.
The Nammu was nerfed because of the scorpions x8 x2500 damage guns. Back then Nammu was great indeed it had same hardpoints like now but it was deadly.
If you're not going to add turret slots to it. Then by all means buff the GRN turrets.

At this moment in time is is slower than it's contender, WITH weaker guns? Normally the big slow ship has heavier hitting weapons to compensate. Slower and weaker just makes no sense if we're discussing balance.