Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An Idea for Cloaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So. As we all know cloaks are next to useless on some of the smaller craft in the game. This is, as it seems, by design. While I agree that a fighter capable of cloaking for the same length of time as a battleship is rather not balanced - I find that a fighter only being capable of cloaking for less than a minute rather not balanced too.

My idea?

Power Cores.

Create another factory module for player bases that is able to producing an item, the power core, which can then be stored in the ships cargo bay. I am just ball parking so don't take any numbers to heart.

Small Power Core is for fighters and allows the vessel using it to cloak for X minutes.
Medium Power Core is for gunboats/transports and allows the vessel to cloak for X minutes.
Large Power Core is for cruisers and battleships and allows the vessel to cloak for X minutes.

These power cores would take up a considerable amount of cargo space as they'd replace the fuel you'd normally hold to fuel the cloaks. Now, you're able to either use the alloted time all at once or in smaller chucks however you desire. Once the cloaks charge reaches 0 seconds the item disappears. You'll need to get another from a player base.

I'm not sure if this is possible as I don't know if you can code what I am asking, but I think it is a better way of doing it than we currently have if possible. Yes, it makes using a cloak far more expensive than now, but allows all vessels to cloak to some degree.
You mean to replace cloaks ... or another factory?
My opinion like you say cloak for fighters are useless, i have one on my black dragon and i had only 10 cargo space for a fuel , when i go to cloak a reached semi invisible :unsure: black dragon
So you idea is good and stands i will just made that factory for a fighters and bombers , bigger ships had a cargo fora fuel regarding cloak device ,
So ..just for fighters and bombers... about 5 min max than replace and made another ..battery low...change :lol:

Idea ... good and i think that should make that device ... congratz
' Wrote:Yes, it makes using a cloak far more expensive than now, but allows all vessels to cloak to some degree.
Dont you think that gona lead to "cloaks gona be EVEN more worthless now" ? Its already hard enough to build one cloak so adding new equipment to support the cloak item is too much just to be invisible for say 10min.

You are right something must be done for snubs but I think the liners/transports/battleships can mount cloaks and use them effectively with the current system.

The only ships that deserve to be updated/buffed so they can mount cloaks and use them effectievely are: snubs, gunboats and cruisers.

- snubs must be invisible for max of 1-2min (some bombers can, fighters cant but their goal is to fight)
- gunboats must not be invisible at all they are combat support units, tanks, supposed to stay fight and die. Maximum cloak time for them should be 3 min
- cruisers have very little cargo and some of them can be invisible for max of 1 min. They require some love

' Wrote:Once the cloaks charge reaches 0 seconds the item disappears. You'll need to get another from a player base.
How about "once the cloaks charge reaches 0 seconds the item will have to be charged again with cooldown of: 5min for snubs, 10min for gb/freighters, 20min for capital ships" ????
I was thinking about ur idea at the end FallenKnight ( I have been thinking about it from a long time .. But I'm a little shay ..>.> )
So .. Lets make the cloak looks like the nitro On NFS games??
And it is really a better idea than buying fuel ...