Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Familiar voices.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I dusted off my PS2 and some of my old games (Kingdom Hearts 1/2, God of War 1/2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, LOTR: Third Age, etc) and started playing Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, which I had never actually unboxed and played. And imagine my surprise when I hear Jennifer Hale (Jun'Ko Zane) voicing the saucy barmaid that is your first NPC conversation.

Now, the game only offers three character choices: Dwarf Fighter, Human Ranger, Elven Sorceress. I played the Sorceress and I noticed that her voice actor is Cree Summers (Sinclair). So by now, I'm going 'Huh. That's cool. Two voice actors from the same game'. When I'm about two and a half hours in, I meet..

[Image: gimli.jpg]

No, wait, wrong universe.

[Image: 264px-Richard_Winston_Tobias.jpg]

There we go. Yeah, so far I've heard Juni, Sinclair and Tobias in Baldur's Gate. It's freaking awesome.
Yeah, It's common for voice actors to work on multiple games, so you'll notice all kinds of familiar voices

Tobias is Gimli/Treebeard from lord of the rings & Sallah in raiders of the lost ark/last crusade

Hell, Trent is Ian Zering from the original 90210

Oh, Lord Hakkara is George Takei from ST:TOS & Heroes

Dexter Hovis is Xander Berkley from Kick-ass & Jericho

ect ::shrug::
Much of the Freelancer cast is pretty well known, tbh, as Lester mentions.
Hell, it was even pitched as a movie-like game, iirc.

EDIT: But I didn't realise George was Hakkara, that's awesome!
I think the voice actress of Junco does a lot of anime kind stuff. Personally I recognized her as a 1-episode character in Cowboy Beebop... some sort of secret agent woman there too.
' Wrote:EDIT: But I didn't realise George was Hakkara, that's awesome!

This is what George Takei thinks of you 8|