Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Nomad Cloak System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What same things are happening tell us please since I don't really able to understand what else faction need to be a terrorist faction except the sirius-wide zoi and "may shoot anyone" line in ID.

I, myself, would be happy with having a terrorist ID on a LF or on Ptrance.
The same vision of seeing Nomad faction like a standard pirate faction for one.

The potential of the Nomad faction / race by being the main antagonist + the lore created by the Keepers faction (Yuri in most cases) have lots of potential in means of RP. Simply reducing this to some "Terrorist ID that can shoot" vision is.. dim.

You may be happy with having a terrorist ID and shooting everyone with a LF. But giving a proper interaction option to the alien race can help the RP of all other factions. Not only Order or Nomads or Core.

Cloaking by itself won't change the face of the universe, I gave you this reply because you asked what same things are happening. The vision is the same. It is limited.

let's stay cool ok ?

now look, if you think about it, the current way the nomads are makes it impossible for them to own a player base unless they resort to massive OORP. A bunch will say "go for it, don't see why nomads should have any sort of favoritism" it's usually going to be the very same people that will, two weeks later, cry a river on the forums "WTF INTERSPACE COMMERCE SHIPS FRIENDLY WITH NOMADS OORP TO MAINTAIN A NOMAD BASE (that's a human base too !) REPORT REPORT REPORT".

This solution solves the matter. The second counterpart is that nomads die a lot, and carrying hfuel/mox is absolutely stupid from an rp pov. This solves that problem as well. Make it restricted to K'Hara ID, Wild ID and SRP ID and you're good to go. I don't see anything to complain about especially if it'll use the same consumption rates as h-fuel.

We are cool, this is a quite level headed discussion so far Alley. And I agree with what you say regarding the OORP river and the weird looks.
' Wrote:In fact, I still claim it would be for the best if some kind of an open nomad ID was provided for indies, that would be restricted to omicron systems... would finally let the Order fight actual Nomads instead of BHG core or NPCs all day long.

This!

On: I'd fit the nom RP, since I think it's possible for them to hunt lonely Order patrols from nothing, then after a few minutes, they're gone. Would be cool.

Though I can sense some players will abuse it in some ways.
If we assume that special RP generated by special equipment then you're right. However it is not. If you're not limited by ID to play as you want to then the way is open.

The road appears under the steps of walking one.

Give nomads own cloak that will be nomadish thus matching the equipment - fine by me.
Make it use LC - as well pretty fine.
But this shouldn't turn into any wild\nom and his dog being cloaked better then Sirius humanish ships with cloaks.

Everyone works for cloak hard since it requires either a big sum of cash (which you supposed to acquire by trading or mining or whatever legit way it is) or it takes alot of time shipping stuff to build a base, to secure it's well being, to upgrade it properly, to supply it with all the tons of stuff it needs and in the end to supply it with the huge amount of resources to build any_single_device just to cloak for tiny seconds\minutes with chance of loosing it and all the work\time spent on it's construction.

So giving a free buy able cloak to the single faction will not give us any good.

Edit:

Point of all those devices\bases being that expensive is to promote the activity of the players on their traders. If you want them you should be spending time trading\building base. This drains cash from the game, promotes the activity of traders, makes all other good funny things.

As we all know traders going around = pirates going around = all other people going around = activity.

This is the main idea, I assume.

Who said nomads should have the base? It may be not nomad base, IC base, random base, whatever. Spend time with it and build yourself cloaks. Transfer it.

It is happening all over around.

You are all transfering cash\guns\equipment so don't say fu fu fu. Or was your Marduk bought for some nomad cash? I guess it's not. Most likely some BMM made money for it, or was it Samura? Who knows. But point stands.

You don't want to give server an activity everyone else have to give to get the candy.

Will not work.

It is again the same vision, putting it to the same basket as a trading faction. We have a disagreement on the core level, therefore we cannot agree on the perspective. Cloaks, LFs, bases doesn't matter, our main vision of the faction differs.

I hope whatever is implemented, it won't create another "ermm ok, we have this as well" faction as a non-Nomad player.
' Wrote:It is again the same vision, putting it to the same basket as a trading faction. We have a disagreement on the core level, therefore we cannot agree on the perspective. Cloaks, LFs, bases doesn't matter, our main vision of the faction differs.

I hope whatever is implemented, it won't create another "ermm ok, we have this as well" faction as a non-Nomad player.

Why not to ask for a ship price for nomad ships being reduced to 1 credit. Because to get the ship you have to trade on non-nomad.

Hello.

I'd say, sure. Seems we have some misunderstanding on core level. However I'm trying to imply the logic into my core level. No idea what is going on in your special way of thinking.

Conclusion:

Make some nomadish cloak - Yes.
Make it use LC - Yes.

Then the procedure is tad simple.

Build\buy\get in your possession the regular cloak by any existent way. Transfer it to your nomad ship. Next step: type a special command that will swap the human cloak in your cargo into the nomad cloak.

Ta da. Success.
' Wrote:Conclusion:

Make some nomadish cloak - Yes.
Make it use LC - Yes.

There's just one problem with using LC, even if you make it available at all those numerous Nomad and/or Wild bases ...

Those are very few and far between.

Nomad bases out in the Lonlicrons.
Nomad base in Chester.
Wild bases in O-55.
Wild base in Tau-117.
And Tohuku, at Tekagi's Arch, at least for now.

We're not talking centrally located (other than Tau-117, barely) places here, where the Nomad ships can quickly and easily refill on it. Which is fine - if our ship bites the dust in combat, it should take us a while to come back. But that's also the whole point of cloaking, right?

Yes, the devs are justifiably proud of all their work in Gallia.

But the Gallic forces are just variations on humans, and that's it. They're not supposed to be the big, nasty, bad, scary, nightmare coming to eat your brain that Nomads are. Which is also why the Nomad ID is one of the most restrictive in the game.

Wait, Carl, have you lost your mind? Nomad ID restrictive?

Yep.

Think about it.

Cannot demand credits - which means the depth of RP that pirates and/or traders could have is denied to Nomad players. All Nomad players CAN do is kill you - presuming that we don't want to toy with your minds. (Which personally I enjoy doing - toying with people's minds - but that's part of it.)

Cannot land anywhere except Nomad or Wild bases - Again, see above. Omicrons, Chester, Tau-117, Tohuku, and Omega-55 / 58. That's IT - in ALL of Sirius and Gallia. What, 10 whole bases?

Can kill anyone - well, yeah. You guys have come into our home, invaded, and taken it over. We're supposed to greet you with open arms? Of course we're going to kill you. Unless we can take over your minds, of course ... (see above).

That's IT. Do you guys realize that our ID as tractor beam also only works out to 300 meters? Why? Because we're not out there to kill ships, collect their cargoes, and go somewhere to sell it. It's just there so we can gather some bots and bats as needed from NPC's.

We CAN'T trade - we're not traders. We CAN'T pirate - we're not pirates. We CAN'T hunt bounties - we ain't bounty hunters or mercenaries. We don't enforce laws - we're NOT house military or police. And did I mention that, with two exceptions - Outcasts (white) and Wild (green) - absolutely EVERY other ID in the game is red to us.

Which means everyone wants to kill us. And that's actually fine by us - because ... you complain that all we want to do is kill you. Guess what? That's exactly WHAT we're SUPPOSED to do - that, and mess with your minds.

You complain that we gank you. What, exactly, are we supposed to do? Come in, and stage a performance of Othello in Manhattan orbit? We're SUPPOSED to be the 'bad guys' here. Worse than the Rogues. Worse than the LPI. Worse than the Mollies. Worse than the Xenos. We're the unifiers - the guys that mean ALL of you 'humans' can work together to defeat us, your common foes. (And don't say that doesn't happen - we all know it does.) And seriously - how many times has there been a lone Nomad fighter show up somewhere and suddenly ... 20 people go NOMAD, DIE and gank the crap out of him?

Even when all the Nomad wanted to do was RP by messing with your minds? (Or controlling them, whatever - same difference, basically - but again, that's what we're SUPPOSED to do.)

Nomads SHOULD have a cloaking device built in. They SHOULD have better guns than everyone else. They SHOULD scare the crap out of you when you run across one of them. And yes, you SHOULD have to gank the crap out of one to kill them - which is fine. If we didn't like getting beat up on 20 to 1, we wouldn't keep playing them.

So yeah, cloak for Nomads, no cost, and no special requirements to get it. It's something they should already have, and they should pretty much be able to use it in unlimited fashion. Because doing it in any other way isn't staying true to what the Nomads are supposed to be - the Dr. Evil of Sirius ...
Quote:I'd say, sure. Seems we have some misunderstanding on core level. However I'm trying to imply the logic into my core level. No idea what is going on in your special way of thinking.

Who said that the Nomad ships should cost billions for a specially restricted / regulated faction? Hello back. Logic is still the same, so is the difference of thinking. There is nothing special about it and it has at least the same amount of logic as the other offering.

On a different note, what Agmen wrote is quite true.
Pages: 1 2 3 4