Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jormungand Forward Gun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently purchased a Jormangund BS and have found that the forward gun does not fire at a target in the centre of the ships vision. I know that its a forward cannon and only fires in a straight line, but would there be any way to adjust it so as it fires "center-point' to the view screen? Perhaps give it a vertical axis?
Try firing the gun from cockpit view. Then you can easily adjust targeting for the gun's position on the y axis.
' Wrote:Try firing the gun from cockpit view. Then you can easily adjust targeting for the gun's position on the y axis.

Yeah, I learned how to compensate for it. I was hoping that from a design perspective the gun could be fixed so we don't have to do this. ofcourse that would be a thing for the devs, so maybe this is the wrong section.

The gun has less firepower than a heavy mortar and lacks the ability to turn on any axis. I think making it either more powerful or giving it a faster reload would compensate for this short fall. what do you guys think?
Jorm fw gun is pretty much just an eye candy.
Exacty. It should be more in my opinion.
You should had taken Valor gun instead.
' Wrote:You should had taken Valor gun instead.

10% :(
Actualy by that I meant Jormugand gun is Hessian attempt to copy LSC one... which is cruiser, not battleship.
' Wrote:Actualy by that I meant Jormugand gun is Hessian attempt to copy LSC one... which is cruiser, not battleship.

Does it make sense to have a heavy gun that is worse then a light mortar in it's stats? Just what kind of sick mind would allow that design to pass into mass production, inRP?

' Wrote:Jormungad - I'd recommend to set Forwards' Gun refire rate to 0.17-0.20, in contrary to current 0.10. Because at this moment it's a Mortar with Refire Rate of Heavy Mortar, which de-facto makes it worse then a Light Mortar in DpS. 31,5k DpS of FG vs 37,5k DpS of LM.

You think Hessian R&D would allow to, basically, make their battleship design around the weapon of such stats? That is way worse then what they can find on open market, even Light Mortar? Don't mention higher speed - it's negated by the position of that FG and the fact that it's FG.

/capwhore with RMBS, that loves to shoot hessians.