Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Some base related bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When making a base infocard, it says that you have 500 characters per paragraph. It gives you 500 characters when you make the inforcard. But when the server resets, eat eats away about half of each paragraph.

I also think the base gets too much wear&tear damage. It seems very unrealistic that you need to give it so much basic alloy per day.

Then, the base goes hostile too easily after too few hits/damage, and then it seems to stay hostile for ever. I hit a base with mining laser by mistake, and not I can never return there. Maybe make the base foget hostile ships after a while, or make a command for base admins to set rep of a ship with the base back to neutral. Now it even stays hostile if the base admin adds the entire ship name to the addtag after it became hostile.

Kudos for the base building though. It's awesome, I hope there will be more additions in future.
' Wrote:When making a base infocard, it says that you have 500 characters per paragraph. It gives you 500 characters when you make the inforcard. But when the server resets, eat eats away about half of each paragraph.

I also think the base gets too much wear&tear damage. It seems very unrealistic that you need to give it so much basic alloy per day.

Then, the base goes hostile too easily after too few hits/damage, and then it seems to stay hostile for ever. I hit a base with mining laser by mistake, and not I can never return there. Maybe make the base foget hostile ships after a while, or make a command for base admins to set rep of a ship with the base back to neutral. Now it even stays hostile if the base admin adds the entire ship name to the addtag after it became hostile.
Kudos for the base building though. It's awesome, I hope there will be more additions in future.
Only 11k of Basic Alloys needed per 24 hours. That's a joke.

Hostility stops after server restart or renaming character.
11000 cubic meters of metal to repair a station every day, that didn't even get attacked? It's not the 2 or 3 trips to the base that bother me, it's more like that makes it seem like every crew member eats a ton of metal every day or something.

My ship stayed hostile after sever reset.
The repairs are not about realism, it's about balance.
' Wrote:Hostility stops after server restart or renaming character.

Nope 2 players bases i shot at 1 time are hostile now for a week. So restart does nothing. I will try a rename, but i am betting that is also false.
Nope, the rename fixed it. I can dock there again. Could still be a more elegant way of fixing it, but thanks anyway.
' Wrote:Nope 2 players bases i shot at 1 time are hostile now for a week. So restart does nothing. I will try a rename, but i am betting that is also false.
This just means the server hasn't had a proper reset in a while. Mass disconnects due to lag do not reset the server process.