Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New ID Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so in 4.85 and iirc before that aswell, we had the Independent Trader ID,
now we don't have that anymore, however that particular ID shouldn't been removed
in my opinion, this is why;

the Indep trader ID shows everyone that the user of this ID is not working
for the large house corporations, but he works for a small corporation,
indepently of a house, some grouping with others yet remaining independent
from a house..

that said, it doesn't make him a freelancer, nor should he be seen as one,
my proposal is to alter the Independent trader ID and put it back as the following ID,

Independent Shipper ID
Person using this ID is a Independent shipper who:
  • Can attack lawful and unlawful targets in self-defense,
    or to protect other Independent Shippers.
  • Cannot dock ships with more than 3,600 cargo within House Space,
    except Aomori Station, the Battleship Hood and Zoner bases.
Allowed ships: Freighters and Transports

Carrying unmounted IDs in your ship, as well as not equipping an ID,
is against the server rules and can lead to sanctions.

what do you think of this?
What is the point of underpowered ID when better alternative is possible?
The Freelancer ID suits this just fine right now. All yours offers is an exception to the cargo limitations under certain docking places.

But people will use it with big ships anyway. And get sanctioned.

Why do you think the independent trader ID was discontinued?
' Wrote:Why do you think the independent trader ID was discontinued?

you tell me I tell you,
I actually really like this idea.

Could be used by those small Freelancer ID'd trading factions that also want to use bigger transports every now and then.

I approve.
' Wrote:....

that said, it doesn't make him a freelancer, nor should he be seen as one,
my proposal is to alter the Independent trader ID and put it back as the following ID,
Independent Shipper ID
Person using this ID is a Independent shipper who:
  • Can attack lawful and unlawful targets in self-defense,
    or to protect other Independent Shippers.
  • Cannot dock ships with more than 3,600 cargo within House Space,
    except Aomori Station, the Battleship Hood and Zoner bases.
Allowed ships: Freighters and Transports

That's a clone of the Zoner ID, and it makes even less sense for the context in which you are trying to apply it.
well, the restriction of limited docking is indeed from the zoner ID,
this because it is a good one for this ID aswell,

and well, imo it's better to have it in then leave it out, which would make it interesting for powertraders,
Basically a clone of the Zoner ID minus the lore and role play that comes with using a Zoner ID.

There is zero difference between this ID and the Freelancer ID other than cargo restriction.

Quote:the Indep trader ID shows everyone that the user of this ID is not working
for the large house corporations, but he works for a small corporation,
indepently of a house, some grouping with others yet remaining independent
from a house..

You can get that same effect by using the Freelancer ID and forming a small faction whose role play is to ship goods around Sirius. If you try to say that because it is a Freelancer and they work for themselves and thus doesn't work; I'll point out that your Independant shipper is independent and thus works for himself and also doesn't work.

The reason there is no generic ID that allows a 5k transport is for balance purposes. Same reason the Zoner ID has its docking restrictions. Generic IDs have no attached lore or role play. The Zoner ID has a very small amount. Meaning you've removed most of the cons that come with Corp IDs and retained all the pros. Why would anyone use a Corp ID when they can use the better Zoner/Indy Trader IDs?

Balance is the name of the game. If you want to build a faction from the ground up with no pre-built lore and role play that you have to abide by; you sacrifice something for that freedom. Same as how those who want to have the utmost in ships sacrifice that freedom in the form of pre-built lore and role play.
I really do not see the point from a dev standpoint - this is a combination of the zoner and freelancer ID - the Freelancer ID can do all of this, making this proposed ID obsolete.