Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Glitch/bug? Admin input needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I'm fighting this Osiris in my Mako, but as he's got a good support of gunboats and stuff, and my hull's melting, I decided to bail. I pop cruise and get to 4.2k away from it before I get CDd by the gunboats. Now, as it should be, my energy is at zero and some 20 seconds later it starts powering back, and I start shooting at the gunboat and a bomber(I think it was a bomber) that caught up to me on thrusters. Now, all of a sudden, that Osiris starts flying like out of a slingshot at me at cruise speed(best guess) and then engine kills and turns towards me. As soon as it got out of engine kill, it starts blazing all guns at me. It wasn't lag, or anything similar, and as far as I know battleships need time to regenerate power after exiting cruise speed, so is this even possible? Or is there some glitch with Osiris enabling this? And most importantly, is this allowed by the server rules?

I had two theories:

1. If you E-kill long enough your power will start regenerating.

2. If you turn sideways during E-kill it will get your speed to 0-89 and maybe the system will think it's your real speed.

I tested both of these and none of them worked.
Sounds like you got a case of the lags...
if you shoot a battleship with a pulse gun while it is cruise drained, its energy will refill to full.

Its a bug, and its against the rules to do.
It happens to me yesterday.
LNS Dread chasing my CR and he was doing that, cruising to me and fire with everything he have.
The good question is... How to prove that somebody doing that?
Sounds like you were fighting NPCs from your description. Which would suggest lag. If you were fighting players... there may be something to be worried about.
Yes, it was player
if someone drops your shields while you energy doesn't regenerate you will get full energy
if someone EK+strafe a bit and starts fireing it's bug abusing and it's tabbed under cheating and he's gg if you report him
It was a player, and there was NO lag. I know what lag looks like, and this wasn't it.

What Zahas says fits the best. I wont report the player, but I will warn him that it's against the rules. If I see him again doing it again, then I'll report him.
' Wrote:2. If you turn sideways during E-kill it will get your speed to 0-89 and maybe the system will think it's your real speed.

Close, but it's missing one step. Other than that, -almost- spot on. That's how he got the regen.

I know the trick but I won't post it here for people to abuse. Just file a report if you feel like it.
It's not a glitch but a fully accepted tactic of bs pilotry. Cruising then using engine kill along with slowing to around 300 allows for your ship core to charge as you're no longer in cruise. Charge speed has been balanced before and no admins have disallowed its use. The recharge pulse bug has also been fixed.
Pages: 1 2