Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New to Multiplayer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess it's a good idea to introduce myself if I'm going to play Discovery.

When I was younger, my dad was one of the beta testers for Starlancer and Freelancer. Although I never played the former, Freelancer is one of the games I always remembered fondly but never knew anyone else who had heard of it. This is my first foray into Multiplayer after a lot of time spent exploring in Single player, decided to dive in the deep end somewhat in terms of my first real Role Play in any game.

From what I've seen so far it all seems really interesting and developed - hopefully I can join in and make the most of it.
Welcome aboard bud :D Another Jock is always welcome

If you need a hand or any help give me a holler with a pm here on the forums or ingame. I fly for Gateway) :yahoo:
We may be Friendly in the future then: I've already sort of set up a BPA character - of course this was after finding the official faction and procedure. After (or instead of) revision for my uni exams in the next couple of weeks, I'll do it properly!
Although I may be new here, I guess I'm allowed to welcome other newcomers.
Welcome then ! Hope you enjoy flying around, and may our paths cross without involving weapon firing. :D
' Wrote:Although I may be new here, I guess I'm allowed to welcome other newcomers.
Welcome then ! Hope you enjoy flying around, and may our paths cross without involving weapon firing. :D

As you may see in your own thread I have taken the same tactic in welcoming other new players. Hopefully such hostilities will be unnecessary if you aren't smuggling anything illegal :P
Welcome, have fun! :cool:
Ah, another beta tester for Freelancer! Well, welcome! Enjoy your stay and be sure to brush up on the rules! Can't wait to blow you up--er--I meant, help you...out.

~Leo
' Wrote:I guess it's a good idea to introduce myself if I'm going to play Discovery.

When I was younger, my dad was one of the beta testers for Starlancer and Freelancer. Although I never played the former, Freelancer is one of the games I always remembered fondly but never knew anyone else who had heard of it. This is my first foray into Multiplayer after a lot of time spent exploring in Single player, decided to dive in the deep end somewhat in terms of my first real Role Play in any game.

From what I've seen so far it all seems really interesting and developed - hopefully I can join in and make the most of it.

You must point your father at this mod of Freelancer..... and then get him to post what he thinks of it.

It would be an interesting read. :)

Username removed

welcome.