Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Time to review 6.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=124940&hl=

If one of the administrative staff thinks that this rule is 'ridiculous' should we not examine the possibility of a revision?

In this sanction, a new player, who was following the RP of his ID, was protecting a fellow bretonian from pewpew-boom by gallics, whom the brets are at war with.

In the current rule set, this is sanctionable.

should we insert a line about trading ships from enemy houses being considered as combatants? else why would the merchant navy be a target?
Seems wonky. Who was the transport, the Gallic? Was the transport attacking the Bretonian whatever?
it seems so. perhaps the transport or the baffer could make it clearer
So that means that a Gallic transport was threatening a Bretonian, and a Bretonian cruiser who was guarding the Bretonian fired at the Gallic transport who threatened the Bretonian whatever.

Funny. We are definitely missing something from this story.
In my opinion , dock capship, log snub , come back , win.
Its not that important who protects what from whom and what the lore and background motivations for the ID's might say. I think its more of a general balance thing - imagine the reaction on the forum if 6.7 got flushed and people got pirated by Stortas and Praefects(!) It might be one of those things that are best left untouched.
' Wrote:In my opinion , dock capship, log snub , come back , win.
That's meta-gaming. The cruiser should be able to defend.

edit: look at it this way, is a capital ship really going to stand idly by while one of her buddies gets blown up? nope.jpg
Transports have nearly no chance to survive against capital craft, they are big and slow targets and can be destroyed within moments from heavy weapons.

Transports can damage gunboats and can scare off fighters if they are set up right.

No chance against cruisers with the current balance... rule is in place for balance and general fair play.
' Wrote:That's meta-gaming. The cruiser should be able to defend.

edit: look at it this way, is a capital ship really going to stand idly by while one of her buddies gets blown up? nope.jpg
It ain't metagaming at all if its the same faction.

situation: I am in a TBH Cruiser , eating popcorn and going wauw at the awesome RP going on in omicron gamma (i know its difficult , but imagine)
suddenly a enemy snub appears!
I jump to 91 and dock at prox ,
log my TBH titan that is also docked on prox and jump back to gamma to attack the snub.

That ain't metagaming.

Metagaming is using info from one character with a different character that shouldn't know that information.

about the cruiser being able to defend?
what kikatsu says.
' Wrote:No chance against cruisers with the current balance... rule is in place for balance and general fair play.
Lol, talking about GENERAL play here. From the sounds of things it sounded like a Gallic transport held up a Bretonian transport and a cruiser (not your daily fare) and a cruiser responded with "lulz" to the entire incident because he was a new player and shot the enemy transport. ROFL honestly this entire situation is hilarious.

' Wrote:Metagaming is using info from one character with a different character that shouldn't know that information.
Right, and I'm saying the ship that wasn't online "didn't know," hence meta-gaming.

Additionally, this is just a silly story and I chuckle whenever I read it. Haha.
Pages: 1 2