Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rule 6.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
We have received quite a few sanction reports lately concerning capital ships shooting P-trans. In many situations, the Pirate flies right up to Lawful capships and pirates a trader knowing that the Capships can do nothing about it within the rules of the server.

A proposed change to this rule:

6.7 Attacking freighters and transports or demanding cargo or credits from the same is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

Exceptions to this rule are:

a) Official faction tagged house ships in their respective house space or guard system ONLY.
b) Terrorist, Nomad, Wild, Phantom ID players;
c) LSF or Liberty Navy Guard IFF vessels operating within Zone 21 or Alaska;
d) Order Guard IFF vessels operating within Alaska or Omicron Minor;
e) Blood Dragon Guard IFF vessels within Chugoku;
f) Corsair Guard IFF vessels within Omicron Gamma;
g) Outcast Guard IFF vessels within Omicron Alpha;
h) Special OP players within the guidelines of their approved RP.
i) Pirates in house space caught issuing a demand.

Traders whom are attacked in these areas may be pursued and destroyed beyond them.

Pros:
It eliminates an obvious OORP situation.

Cons:
It creates, yet again, another rule.

If you have any other pros or cons to add, please do. I'm very interested in the thoughts of the community.

What about indy pirates caught in Corsair/Outcast space by Corsair/Outcasts?

It says nothing of lawful or unlawful doing the kreig'n so I assume if a Rogue Scylla finds an indy ptrans in New York encroaching on their turf they'd be fine in destroying it per this change.

I also assume that by house space, its referring to house space as defined by the rule set. Meaning there are a ton of systems where this out of role play behavior will still take place and some players may break this rule and be sanctioned for it as they didn't know that Pennsylvania wasn't house space (example).

I'm all for a fix for this crazy rule, but not a band-aid fix.
i would change that to

i)any ship caught issuing an unlawful demand to an allied vessel within both your view range and ZOI

to account for all situations this could possibly cover.
Quote:6.7 Acts of piracy are not permitted in cruisers and battleships. Acts of piracy are defined as demands of cargo or credits or assisting in the acts of piracy.

This would allow cap ships to kreig transports freely while preventing them from pirating or partaking in piracy. I'm a tad buzzed. Feel free to point out loop holes I missed.
I will give my opinion as a pirate here. Should be simply:

"Transports belonging to unlawful factions" or somesuch. Otherwise we will have PTranses sitting next to Manhattan, going olol olol oool.

Again.
' Wrote:We have received quite a few sanction reports lately concerning capital ships shooting P-trans. In many situations, the Pirate flies right up to Lawful capships and pirates a trader knowing that the Capships can do nothing about it within the rules of the server.

A proposed change to this rule:

6.7 Attacking freighters and transports or demanding cargo or credits from the same is not allowed for cruisers and battleships.

Exceptions to this rule are:

a) Official faction tagged house ships in their respective house space or guard system ONLY.
b) Terrorist, Nomad, Wild, Phantom ID players;
c) LSF or Liberty Navy Guard IFF vessels operating within Zone 21 or Alaska;
d) Order Guard IFF vessels operating within Alaska or Omicron Minor;
e) Blood Dragon Guard IFF vessels within Chugoku;
f) Corsair Guard IFF vessels within Omicron Gamma;
g) Outcast Guard IFF vessels within Omicron Alpha;
h) Special OP players within the guidelines of their approved RP.
i) Pirates in house space caught issuing a demand.

Traders whom are attacked in these areas may be pursued and destroyed beyond them.
Pros:
It eliminates an obvious OORP situation.

Cons:
It creates, yet again, another rule.

If you have any other pros or cons to add, please do. I'm very interested in the thoughts of the community.
Looks fine to me.

EDIT: It's going to need a trial phase before potential loopholes on it are fully seen, so I would say enact it, give it a month, see how it works, if someone is abusing a loophole in it, address it, and patch the loophole, np.
One problem i see with the addition as written is that the burden then falls on the cap pilot to prove that they saw the demand, rather than on the pirate (who would be the one filing the "A CAP BLEW UP MY TRANSPORT" sanction) to prove that the cap wasn't there. Makes things a bit more complicated, although I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) are already in the habit of taking CYA screenshots before doing anything.

Moreover, this doesn't allow caps who come across a piracy in progress to defend the trader, but I can see how wording that would be complex. What about something like "or destroys a trader in view of the cap"? That way, the cap shows up the piracy, and the pirate has a choice: break off and get away (and the cap can't fire on it) or blow up the trader and then fall victim to the cap's guns afterwards. RP it on the cap's part as waiting for authorization, or something.
Hey Garrett, glad you took a look at our discussions :D

In my opinion, capital ships in house space have the right to shoot at any hostile vessel. It doesn't belong there so it should be blasted. Honestly if you ask me the RP rules on the server prevent a little bit of common sense from taking place in lieu of "RP" which is almost self-destructive to the community. I am FULLY IN FAVOR of RP, however in this specific situation let's put the pirates (or police, if the police ever roams into pirate territory) in their place for this one. I say change the rule to simply state:

i) If the aformentioned transport is in their enemy's rightful territory.
An Outcast or Rogue flying a transport, is still an Outcast or Rogue, and as such, deserves to be treated as one.
buf lawfuls moar pls ye.
This rule has been in place and was put in place for a reason.
This reason is not roleplay.
It is fairplay.
As has been stated, even a moderate 3.5k or below transport has zero chance to fight back against a cruiser or BS, and zero chance to escape from a cruiser.
You can literally instagib even the heaviest 5ks with a single pulse and a single mortar.
It's only once you get down to the freighters (as has been demonstrated by Zeb Harley, Trader God) that you have the slightest chance.
Yes, it is out of roleplay for a liberty navy cruiser to be helpless to protect a trader from a Ptrans.
But you know what? It's just as bloody out of roleplay for my Scylla to be unable to help my Molly mates against a pack of Convoy or Bowex. Just as bloody out of roleplay for my Praefect to be useless against hessian smugglers and Cardamine transports, just as out of roleplay for my smuggler to go unmolested.
If you're going to remove this rule for roleplay reasons, than bloody just remove it; but don't go gimping it once again in favor of lawfuls and tell me it's about roleplay.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15