Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 5.6 and cloaks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Let's say I am in a lawful ship versus a pirate with a cloak. If they lolcloak during combat in order to avoid dying (because there is no way to interrupt it), at what point is it alright for me to dock for repairs and regens?

Quote:5.6 Fleeing from combat and then docking at a station or planet while you are in range of the ship you were fighting counts as PVP death.

"Fleeing" seems to be the relevant point here. If they engage a cloak, then they are the ones that fled? I am free to dock for repairs even if they are right there watching?

Or do I have to wait for them to leave the system before I can safely dock and avoid 5.6 sanction. In the situation where they have access to a base in the system, this means I can never safely dock.
' Wrote:If they engage a cloak, then they are the ones that fled? I am free to dock for repairs even if they are right there watching?
I think in this case, cloak interrupts battle, and noone fled.
Just because they cloak does not mean they actually fled. They either did flee or they are merely using the fact they have a technological advantage over you to their advantage. Their advantage, however, has a limit in the form of fuel. They can't hide forever.
Haven't run into this issue yet. I would say if you are in doubt, take a screenshot of yourself preparing to dock with the player not on your scanners.
Happened to me a few minutes ago with a sair in o3. They only had ua8 so I won the race to the bottom of the hull, they lolcloaked, but I didn't feel like I could dock until they left for o5. Annoying since there were other hostiles in the area.
It isn't lolcloak. Its using an advantage to your advantage. Sounds more like you are butt hurt you didn't get your blue message.

The Jax has spoken though.
Easy fix would be to have a small message on screen while cloaked staing you are cloaked. That way if someone tries to abuse cloak, and screen you docking while cloaked and claiming your dead. The screen will show they were indeed cloaked. (wow lots of "cloaks" there)
' Wrote:Easy fix would be to have a small message on screen while cloaked staing you are cloaked. That way if someone tries to abuse cloak, and screen you docking while cloaked and claiming your dead. The screen will show they were indeed cloaked. (wow lots of "cloaks" there)

Was thinking the same thing, Ryoken.
' Wrote:Sounds more like you are butt hurt you didn't get your blue message.
Sounds more like he (like me) wants to know what to expect, sanction for re-engaging or not, if he docks, then undocks refilled. Or do you know a way to be sure you are out of the scanner range of a cloaked vessel?
in my opinion, there is only one thing needed. a screen shot showing no one in scanner range. the reason, at this time there isn't anyway to tell if a "cloaked" ship is in range of your ship. You can tell if they are in the same system by using the chat window. but that is all.
Pages: 1 2 3