Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoner Freeport Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

I have heard the Zoners have rules about hanging around the Freeports they operate...

as in:

No shooting/fighting/pirating of other players within 5k of the Freeport.
If NPC's jump you - you are allowed to defend yourself.

Have I left anything out? Gotten it wrong?

Big thanks in advance for any relevant info.

independly done for each station..

for Freeport 11 in omicron-delta it is:

- no capital ship fire within 5000 radius around the station. ( capital ship fire includes Gunboats, destroyers, cruisers, battlecruisers, battleships and for the reasoning of it ... bombers allthough they are no capital ships )
- the first one that opens fire will be reminded that we ( zoners ) wish them to cease fire, - if he does not comply, there will be a bounty placed on his head ( if he is an independent ) - or his faction is being informed about his violation ( in case of playerfaction tagged players )

- whatever happens further away than 5000 is not the zoners business.
- this neutrality radius does not affect fighters.

the reason for that is that accidental capital warship fire can damage the station. - at 5k radius, the station is safe from weaponfire. - the zoners of FP11 do not care if the factions around fight each other, this radius is only installed and enforced to ensure the safety of the station.

there is no exception made for anyone but zoners ( cause zoners would pay for repairing the station )

however, zoners will most probably not activly defend the station when someone starts a fight - but hire a mercenary to give the wrongdoer a beating. - only when the station is activly attacked, it will be activly defended.

this only applies to freeport 11. - other stations / zoners may most probably have different rules.
Pirating is frowned upon in Omega 49, especially within 5K radius of Gran Canaria or Lanzarote. Of course, Canaria is still a "minor" Temp Auto Zone for the TAZ; but when we're not there, I'm not sure who's minding the store.

Baffin operates with a very strict "Pentabarf" (Five Laws). You'll find it in the TAZ Faction Status. That covers the entire system, as the TAZ owns it.

Freeport 4? Consult the CR. Other Freeports? I recommend you observe the 5K rule as a matter of courtesy. You never know when a Zoner will pop out and frown fiercely at ya, right?

Mal
Seb will warn, threaten and may, rp willing, engage anyone attacking supply shipments in the immediate vicinity of a Zoner Freeport or in O49. Never got further than threats so far, though.

/w
Sorry very old thread but I'm not finding the information I'm looking for so I'm gonna revive it....

I thought initially the 5k freeport rule was a server rule, I was wrong.
From the few threads I've found it is supposed to be reinforced locally by Zoners if they happen to be around. Is that correct and the extent of it?

So if I happen upon several pirates hanging at a freeport within 5k, and pirating transports as they go by should I just turn my back? I don't see any thread setup for information on reporting said incidents when they are witnessed.

I'm not trying to lawyer here just trying to figure out how serious this rule is as it seems no pirates I've ran into give a crud about it. I think its a good idea to have the 5k rule because for the sake of neutrallity of the Zoners there bases are sorta safe zones. I do understand they also do not appreciate folks just hanging in space within 5k for extended time and this is understandable also.

There are some ID's that are only allowed to dock on freeports and neurtral bases and for those people the 5k rule is important as they operate from, and protect, said bases.

Any clerification on this rule and where violation reports should be directed would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Zoner Polices

No server rules, but roleplay rules. Means will have consequences on your character. Zoners enforce them when they are arround .. but we can't be everywhere. Witnessed violations we'll deal with.

Quote:So if I happen upon several pirates hanging at a freeport within 5k, and pirating transports as they go by should I just turn my back? I don't see any thread setup for information on reporting said incidents when they are witnessed.
That would be the NFZ violation topic. Provide conclusive evidence and we'll act.