Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Refire Counter bug.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those who arent aware, the refire counter is the is the number on the weapon display on the right hand side of the weapon name. It's only present on slow-refire weapons, such as torpedoes, mortars, cerberus weapons etc.

I have found an issue when with the SNAC's refire counter. When fired, it displays the time correctly, and counts down to zero when the gun is ready to fire. However, if you click to fire again, the counter thinks that you've fired the SNAC, even if you don't have enough power, and starts timing again.
If you remember trying to fire a SN before without power, it actually resets the refire timer anyway. I had this happen to me multiple times when trying to fire without a full plant (every mod version it's been in). If you try to fire it during the timer as displayed, it shouldn't fire even if you have the power to do so, if you tried to fire it before you had the power.

Yeah, this has always been an issue with SNACs and other low-refire guns. The addition of the timer just allows us to more easily see the problem as it occurs.

Look up which powercore your bomber has, and make a note of your energy bar each time you're about to fire the SNAC. On a light bomber, you'll have just enough energy to fire it if you're at three blocks below full power. On a medium bomber, you can fire at about five blocks below full power. On heavy bombers... I haven't memorized those ones, actually, but a bit of experimenting can give you your answer.

Fire before your energy hits those marks, and you'll experience this problem.
' Wrote:If you remember trying to fire a SN before without power, it actually resets the refire timer anyway...

I had suspicions about that, but had never know for certain. Thanks for clearing that up, guys.

It was on a Cutlass, so that's a light bomber core IIRC.
Would love to see it fixed...
Any chance of changing the text color to red for the duration of the counter?