Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Transport Survivability vs Caps: Collecting Data
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
' Wrote:Something you should keep in mind, Jack, is that individual recorded incidents here on the forms neither makes those encounters considered the only way it goes down, nor the norm at all.

You're trying to measure in a stat wise fashion how transports and cruisers interact, when in reality it is completely dependent on the players involved, thus making any recordings here simply singular incidents and not useful for making any ship stat statment, merely a "the general cruiser/transport playerbase" statement.

If you didn't understand that, I'm saying if you're trying to make a statement that Cruisers are more powerful than Transports... Well duh (especially since zoom makes dodging impossible). Why not just post the DPS stats on the ship's guns and their armor...

Unless of course the whole point of this thread is to show that the majority of Cruiser players are just trigger happy, which is all this thread is useful for given the data collected.

The thread shows that cruiser vs. (large) transport interactions are too short to be meaningful.

On a rp server, even the pvp part should be long enough to give every involved party a chance to do something (trying to flee, typing "I surrender!", calling for help, hoping for reinforcement to arrive on time,...).

This thread shows more than you see. Just look harder.
To my understanding, the worst part about Cruisers pirating is that it needs absolutely no skill to pirate and coerce transports (main trading ships) to pay up or drop the cargo.

Plus, the teamwork effort for piracy is basically being taken away, while transports still need to use scouts to avoid capital pirates against whom they have no chance to survive.

Well, I saw LABC trading Nobium ore last day. Maybe this is the counter to capital pirates?
' Wrote:The thread shows that cruiser vs. (large) transport interactions are too short to be meaningful.
No, it shows that transports that do not comply or even try to have any type of continuing RP will die to the pirate. Which is how it has always been. Traders die to single bombers, to single GBs, why would you be surprised if they die to Cruisers too? It may just happen slighty faster, but the steps are all the same.

Once a trader say's "no" or runs or whatever, it's the same for all pirate ship types. They kill the trader. If anything this thread is just showing that traders don't know how to run, or are simply saying no when they know they're up against a pirate that plans to kill them.

What did you think would happen?

Also, the percentage of chance of survival thing is silly. It's a person's own personal (completely personal) opinion and most often jaded because they in fact DID die in their last encounter. This thread is only going to attract those who DID get killed by cruisers and are upset and wanting to vent it. Thus making a thread full of one sided stats anyways.

Plenty of traders get away from cruisers, it's actually easier than getting away from GBs from my experience so far.
Your personal, biased opinion, against my numbers.

Devs can decide whether they want to see the data and act or not.

It's the only hard data out here... if you can produce anything better: I am sure there is enough space on the forum for you to do.:)I'll gladly critizise your approach.

' Wrote:Your personal, biased opinion, against my numbers.

' Wrote:This thread is only going to attract those who DID get killed by cruisers and are upset and wanting to vent it. Thus making a thread full of one sided stats anyways.

By the way it's my experience as both a trader encountering a Sair Cruiser pirate in Sig 13 which I got away from easily (in my 5k), and as a Cruiser pirate testing out, and having many transports (of all sizes) escaping, as well as one's paying. So far haven't even had to blow one up...
' Wrote:To my understanding, the worst part about Cruisers pirating is that it needs absolutely no skill to pirate and coerce transports (main trading ships) to pay up or drop the cargo.

Plus, the teamwork effort for piracy is basically being taken away, while transports still need to use scouts to avoid capital pirates against whom they have no chance to survive.

Well, I saw LABC trading Nobium ore last day. Maybe this is the counter to capital pirates?
These days, you can earn more money by doing missions, than pirating, if you have a cap. So, there won't be a lot of cap pirates, just some lolwuts and those who like to RP a true pirate. Unluckily, there are more of the first kind...
Escaping although you had him disrupted and pre-engagement rp was done? Then I'd love to hear more. Because this is what the thread is about. Shipnames, some details, how did they escape, how far did they thrust before they could dodge successfully... etc.... I am interested.
- Enemy shipclass: Corsair cruiser
- Your transport class: BWT
- friends 4BWTs and one waran and one recycler
- Your armor: UAU8
- Your cargo: Food, Oxygen, H-fuel, water, cigars, wine, etc...
- Demand made: 25 mil credits (and nice RP)
- How long you survived under fire: I have survived
- Judge your chance of survival (after engagement started): 50%
- General observations: We have all been using pulse turrets and maybe 2-3 cerbs. His shield was down ..quite fast...then waran launched doublenova and recycler was shooting mini razors. 3 transports down and waran(guess why)

EDIT: On and one VHF on our side with Mini he survived too.
edit: wrong thread, Q_Q
- Enemy shipclass: Scylla
- Your transport class: Bison
- Your armor: CAU7
- Your cargo: tradelane parts
- Demand made: 2 million
- How long you survived under fire: -
- Judge your chance of survival (after engagement started): 100%
- General observations: I payed. Why wouldn't I?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9