Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Ship and ID ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you use this gunboat with an IMG id is there a power penalty? If so anyone know how much it is?

And RP wise would this be ok since there both independents. Admin input would help as well thanks.
BHG tech currently has a 25% nerf with IMG ID. That's a pretty significant hit but its livable with management (I use two ships with a 25% nerf). Once the new tech-usage system goes into service, BHG stuff will be treated as native tech to IMG ID (no nerf).

As for RP, under the current system you either have permission or you dont, and if you dont have permission then its essentially stolen and the owning faction can hunt you down for stealing their stuff. So proper RP would be to contact the BHG leadership, tell them what you plan to do, get their permission, and then play it out. But my understanding is they dont grant tech requests per-se, which defacto means you need to "steal" it to use it. My experience is that as long as you're not killing their clients (the houses) and the fiction makes some sense, then they are pretty easy going. As for IMG usage in particular, zero nerf means its implicitly allowed anyway. I dont think they could hunt you at that level, but still polite to talk to them about it.
Depending upon what it is, we're willing to work with tech requests.

Caps - no way. Anything smaller - meaning anything that the in-house hunters can use - we'd rather deal with factions / corporations rather than individuals. But if you present us with appropriate RP such that you're a retiring hunter and you want to 'purchase' your faithful ship, we're at least willing to discuss it. May not agree with you, but we'll discuss it.
' Wrote:Depending upon what it is, we're willing to work with tech requests.

Caps - no way. Anything smaller - meaning anything that the in-house hunters can use - we'd rather deal with factions / corporations rather than individuals. But if you present us with appropriate RP such that you're a retiring hunter and you want to 'purchase' your faithful ship, we're at least willing to discuss it. May not agree with you, but we'll discuss it.
Thanks for the response. I was considering requesting that Elementium.Corp my company got access to gunboats and smaller. I will come up with an RP story and so forth and will submit my request sometime this week to the BH leadership.
You can check the actual nerfs here. Could be usefull for others too who will search for it...thought.