Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: mission NPC fighter behavior
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a video of some behavior, might be hard to see. http://youtu.be/_kc8YIS5sxo

Basically the fighters just make random directional changes. They dont turn or sweep, they just ... suddenly flying some other direction. This makes it impossible to lead the target, since they dont fly into the gunfire but instead just change direction randomly.

This used to be a problem with 4.85 and low-level missions (below lvl 10) but now its showing up on all the fighter missions it seems.

Very frustrating, takes a long time to kill each one even with overkill firepower.
that's lag.
no lag, did /ping to make sure and it was 0% loss 0% lag

also, its been a long-time problem, but in 4.85 it was limited to very low-level missions. now it's in all of them
' Wrote:no lag, did /ping to make sure and it was 0% loss 0% lag

also, its been a long-time problem, but in 4.85 it was limited to very low-level missions. now it's in all of them

Server sided lag.
It doesn't reflect in your ping.
It became something normal recently.
Often happens when there is a big battle raging somewhere.
When I first started playing I thought they AI had changed from SP, thankfully I realised it was mostly normal unless the server was lagging.
The worst I've seen (a fair bit of it could have been my own lag) was a group of Molly NPCs in a mission. Before I disconnected, the farthest one had managed to fly 15000K away :laugh:
' Wrote:Server sided lag.
It doesn't reflect in your ping.
It became something normal recently.
Often happens when there is a big battle raging somewhere.
Oh alright. There was a fight in Hamburg about the same time, maybe that was it.